Vertical jigging enthusiasts

Steve Walker

All,

8 strand - 8lb - .08 (.06 actual avg.) thickness. I had some gifted to me as leader material. Is there anyone of the forum who will attest they have even come close to tying a reliable knot? What I mean - even the most simple knot seems impossible for me to negotiate.

Phone

I use Fox Jig Silk in 0.06. I knot it to a fluorocarbon leader. I use an overhand knot in the fc and a uni knot in the braid to tie them together - basically a shore fisherman's leader knot. Sometimes it doesn't "stick" and unravels when tested, but when it does stick it's pretty strong.

All,

8 strand - 8lb - .08 (.06 actual avg.) thickness. I had some gifted to me as leader material. Is there anyone of the forum who will attest they have even come close to tying a reliable knot? What I mean - even the most simple knot seems impossible for me to negotiate.

Phone

If tying it to a swivel, double the braid up and do a twice through the eye grinner.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A double Palomar works on the slipperiest of braids.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

Yes - to each comment and suggestion. I mean, my physical capacity to negotiate the actual tying of the knot. Bankside, in low light, with a little breeze I am practically helpless. I have no idea how you guys "dink" fish when the technology of line manufacturing exceeds human capacity.

Phone