EU 2008 proposals

Ian Burrett

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Ian.

Within it Mr J Borg said 'we therefore call on the council to remain faithfull to it's long term commitments and to make decisions which place the long term health of our fisheries before any short term economic or political interests.'

This is a term that Mr J Shaw will show absolutly no interest in. Who wants to bet.

Also, within this report today on the cod, the improvement of the north sea stock is noted it rests largely on a one year class which now needs protecting until it can contribute to the future of the stock. High levels of cod discard is worrying and needs to find the right accompanying measures to drasticlly reduce discarding the commission remains pessimistic and is looking to cut the fishing possibilities by a further 25%.

Well Mr shaw, it looks like your increase of 15% is a no go. Wonder how long this lot will take to be discredited. Bet the nffo is already looking to counter this. Interesting times ahead, as usual.

What makes me puke is the hangers on who have come out of the woodwork trying to convince every one that if they don't get a 15% increase in the cod quota it will just increase the discard rate. Mr Mike Park. He must have seen the dodgy video as well.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

More on what Borg has to say at

http://www.ssacn.org 2nd and 3rd report down

I like the comment

The Scottish Fishermans Federation say cod now attracts disproportionate attention in these negotiations its economic impact is small, but it has become iconic in the minds of the public.

Translation: "We have all but wiped out the cod stocks and now we have moved onto our next victim, so we don't care about the cod any more."

Let's hope they can convince the public that starfish and chips should be our new favourite.

Guest challenge
Yeah if they arent bothered why do they spend so long trying to get more quota, and why have the NFFO put so much effort into fabricating reports on anglers catches ?

Quota glen, of what ever species is a very desirable commodity for bartering with in a world where quota is the Maine currency of the day.

As for the second part of your question, I believe that a bit of tit for tat could be in question here? Accountability is in question. An industry (RSA) that at the moment has no accountability to anybody, but yet from certain sectors seams hell bent on discriminating against an industry that is buried in bureaucracy and accountability. Hence the tit has now to take some of the tat or vies versa depending who you think you are? :P

Regards.

Quota glen, of what ever species is a very desirable commodity for bartering with in a world where quota is the Maine currency of the day.

As for the second part of your question, I believe that a bit of tit for tat could be in question here? Accountability is in question. An industry (RSA) that at the moment has no accountability to anybody, but yet from certain sectors seams hell bent on discriminating against an industry that is buried in bureaucracy and accountability. Hence the tit has now to take some of the tat or vies versa depending who you think you are? :P

Regards.

Glennk was particular in mentioning the Scottish federation, so that could have been a smoke screen, not interested but the opposite is true.

As for certain sectors, yes but i would have to say a very marginalised fringe few, so i don't believe that guys in position of commenting in the public domain would go down that road. I consider that the correct stance of the rsa mind set is to have a decent fishery for all, that's not too much to ask for is it.

The link detailed is something that appears to be totally destructive and wastefull Challenge, look at it and tell me it don't still happen. If it does, do you think that all of us should be trying to better it.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Opinion/Nobody_Asked_Me.html

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Glennk was particular in mentioning the Scottish federation,

No he wasnt ?

I was wanting to know what this meant ?

The Commission has therefore agreed with Norway an 11% increase in TAC for North Sea cod, and some accompanying measures to reduce discards.

Someone told me today that fishing news says that there has been an increase in cod quota for the North sea - Is this true ? Is this just Norwegain waters or is this the whole of the north sea ?