pole elastic help

bok

Hi all

i've recently started pole fishing and just bought a second pole which is a put over pole (even the top sections), The problem i'm having is figuring out how to elasticate a put over pole as my other pole is telescopic for the top three sections and the new one is put over for the top sections !

Can anyone please tell me how I should do it ? i cannot figure out how to do it so I can put the top sections inside the others ie- to pack the pole away to take fishing :(

The only way i can figure out how to do it is to put elastic in at the river bank and take it out to pack pole away to go home when finished - can't be right me thinks ??

hope i'm not being too stupid :)

Any comments gratefully received.

Most put over poles (as opposed to put in) the top sections can be assembled telescopic style and elasticated normally.Give it a try on yours.

If no good the only way you can do it is to elsticate the top three/four sections fold them in half and transport them in a seperate tube (I carry all my top 3/4's like this any way).

When folding in half you can actually buy a little plastic clip on gizzmo that protects the elastic from the edges of the pole when folded.Cant remember what their called anyone?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Most put over poles (as opposed to put in) the top sections can be assembled telescopic style and elasticated normally.Give it a try on yours.

If no good the only way you can do it is to elsticate the top three/four sections fold them in half and transport them in a seperate tube (I carry all my top 3/4's like this any way).

When folding in half you can actually buy a little plastic clip on gizzmo that protects the elastic from the edges of the pole when folded.Cant remember what their called anyone?

It's a Dooberry..... :)

Thanks for that I'll give it a go.

Cheers :)