worst fishing moments

carphead07

At the end of last summer I turned up at my local lake and as I was getting my gear together a guy pulled into the space next to me. Kind of said hello to each other that was about it. As I was ambling along in my own little world matey comes literally almost sprinting past me and chucks some of his gear in the swim I was heading for, turns and gives me a really pathetic "I won" kind of grin. To be honest I wasn't all that bothered but I couldn't help thinking you sad (insert expletive here). Anyway I carried on and wandered round to the next swim which was on the opposite bank to the swim he was setting up in. I got set up and was just sitting thinking to myself I really hope I get one before that geezer over there when he gets a right screamer. Again, I wasn't all that bothered until I looked over and I swear he was grinning at me - that did pee me off! He lands the fish, unhooks it, puts it back, looks over at me again smugly, stands up, steps back and CRACK! straight onto his rod which broke in two :lol: I almost fell off my chair. Next thing he grabs all his gear and storms off. Maybe not his worst moment but I bet its up there :lol: I actually did ok in the end with 4 decent fish in 3 hours.

Cheers

Jamie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine was i hooked my first conger (maybe 30lbs) on my old beach caster at the age of 11

and then some old geezer came and offerd my a hand be fore i could say out he had the rod out of me hands and snaped off instantley well i was not impressed

ime still dreming or what coud have been!!!

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

Having a carp pull my rod in a lake.

I had only just casted out, being a kid about 10, didnt have much tackle, just a rod and reel. So no rod rest, laid it down on the bank while i went for a little walk trying to find a few sticks for a rod rest, walking away only to see my rod take off and go skimming across the water :( Lucky for me it was a boating lake and the bloke was just packing up the boats so i asked him to go out a get my rod as it was floating. Handed it to me on the bank and i reeled in about an 8lb carp with had be fail hooked behind the eye.

And getting hit on the head by a 4oz ledger

I was about the same age. I was casting out from underneath a pier doing a normal cast, letting go to early, weight hitting underneath the pier, i chucked the rod down run forward about 5 paces, put both hands over my head but the weight still manged to find its way between my fingers and whack me on my bonce :( blood everywhere, i cried like a baby and had to be rushed to hospital by the manager of the local pub. :thumbs:

I was unlucky at fishing, surprised i still carried on and didnt quit, had another visit to hospital aswell when i was younger when i got a hook go in my finger, in one side and out the other.

All happened when i was a kid, but i think that weight hitting me on the head knocked some sense into me as ive stayed away from the bad luck (touch wood) :)

hello all

i was thinking about my worst fishing moments the other day and i think mine was....

i was fishing down a local lake while having a match with a few mates(the match was to see who could catch the most carp) and it thundered and rained, the rain was so hard that within about 5 minutes of it raining i was soaked, and i had to walk home with all my fishing gear,

whats your worst fishing moment

Mike

My worst moment was when I was about 12 years old, Beachcasting in the coldest conditions rain, sleet, snow, fingers felt well numb - I got set for a monster cast (prolly about 50 yds then) :)

when I ran up and let rip the hook 2/0 4 oz lead caught in my ear and ripped it wide open " ouch" to say the least - and you know how ears bleed when they get goin :(

mine was totally stuffing my ankle. i had put all my boilies under a near bank willow when a pair of swans turned up and started munching on them. i went along to discourage them with a few mud bombs :whistling: and suddenly heard my mate shouting that my other rod was off. as i legged it back i turned into the swim that was one before ours, realizing my mistake i turned out of the swim and went right over on my ankle spraining it tennis ball sized and totally black and blue. i hooked the carp on the other rod that then came off at the net, my mate had to carry all my gear back to the motor and then soldier carry me and i then spent the best part of the night in casualty waiting for an xray. talk about god punishes!

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

• 2 months later...

Funny topic! :lol: My worst moment was painful - literally. My father and I were fishing a small river that had been highly recommended to us by a fellow Carper. We'd been having fun watching feeding Carp anf hooking into a few. I had hooked a Carp, and it had snapped the line. This was bad enough as it was, but it was TORTURE seeing my broken line floating on the surface, just inches from shore. (The fish hadn't gone far, and was probably sitting at the drop-off only about 6 feet from the bank.) Being the Carp-obsesses and impulsive idiots we are, Dad and I decided I should try to get ahold of that line and bring in the fish by hand. (I don't know what I'd have done if I'd ever gotten the line, as the line would most likely have sawed my fingers off.) So, I started edging down the bank to reach for the line. The bank was really fairly flat, but it was grassy and it was raining, so the ground was slick. I happened to put my weight on my right leg, the knee of which is very weak and tends to blow out quite easily. You can guess what happened. Next thing I knew, I was in the water with my lower leg sticking out at an odd angle. The water was very shallow and my knee sort of popped back into place, but I was soaked to the bone, sore, and shaken. I think I scared all the fish away, because we only got one more that day. (Yes, we "toughed it out" and stayed for a few hours more.) Boy, was the 3-hour ride home uncomfortable! <_<

worst fishing moment..........

..........it was about 4/5-ish years ago and I'd never been fishing on my own with a freind at a new lake near me before. Me and my friend had been fishing together before but only for an hour or so on this river. So anyway, me and my friend had planned to go to this lake for weeks, actually probly nearer to a month, and we said we were going to go come rain come sun shine. So we did!!!!!!! The week leading up to this day had been perfect, it was hottish with no rain or wind, it was perfect. But this day was terrible, very windy, rain that you couldn't see 10m in and it was freezing. So we were there most of the day and didn't catch a thing. We were freezing and hadn't caught anything.

So we planned another trip, once again weeks in advance. So I woke up that morning and what was the weather like.....yes it was terrible. So again we went and braved it out. And once again caught nout. On both of these trips me and my mate were the only people on the lake.

We haven't been fishing at that lake together since, together we are the bad curse on the lake.

First fishing trip at the lake and 2 blanking sessions. Not a good start. But obviously have been back and caught some FISH!!

Tight Lines,

Dan.

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

Dad and I fished 12 hours straight on the river near our shop, having evaded my mother for a chance to go out, knowing we'd be in DEEP TROUBLE upon getting home - and caught - drumroll please - one Bullhead. Yep . . . And this was after a couple of friends had caught Carp right and left out of the same swim all day the day before, and had even chummed extra for us, knowing we'd be there the next day! :angry: At least the weather was good! :lol:

Edited by AnnaWerner

Hello There

I use my 12 foot boat sometimes to ferry our gear across Lochrutton in Dumfries for a weekends fishing for pike and bream. On one occasion me and my son where packing up when I noticed that our boat had drifted about 50 yards out into the loch.Oh no I cried , I stripped down to my brown and cream Y fronts and started giving it the oh, ah, eh, oh as I waded into the frozen loch. I got to the boat and struggled in only to find that the oars where on the bank. By this time I was about 300yards from the bank, me drifting in a boat with only my pants on. Lucky they where another boat on the water who came to my rescue. And to add to my embarassment they took great pleasure parading me around the loch before they took me to shore.

• 1 month later...