Which Boat rod???!!!

MorecambeBay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit, i am not the biggest fan of abu rods, dont ask me why cos i dont know. Will definatly take a look at one tho if it comes that highly recomended!! Any idea how much they retail at??

FISHING: (fish'ing), the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning, while freezing, sweating, swatting or swearing.

OAR: Clumsy wooden instrument used to moisten boat occupants.

firstly welcome to the forum :)

For a good cheap boat rod I'd look at the Fladden maximus range, good well made rods for under 50 quid. I've abused the 6lb & 20lb class version on the boat for over a year now and cant fault them.

As far as I'm concerned Penn make bloody good reels but their rods are crap for the want of a better word.

You say you still have your fathers old rods, depending on the blanks, it is quite possible you will be sitting with better performing rods than you can buy now.

Ok they will be un fashionable Fiberglas and a few ounces heavier than carbon, but do you really think it will be noticeable when you clamp half a pound of reel onto it and attach 10 oz of lead to the other end :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Casey:

Morc... I would without reservation, recommend the Abu Conolon uptider 9' 6",it has a twist lock which shortens the rod when reeling in, seen it in action, a lovely rod.      

Got one for my birthday, great rod but slightly heavier than I was expecting. The twist lock is brilliant though.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Cheers Davy - I had to return the first one as it had a ring insert missing and I know that someone else ( not a million miles away ) - had problems with his - so it put me off it a bit.

Hopefully I'll get out next year and have a chance to christen it.

To be fair I've found the newer Penn braid rods very good, they are pricy.....but if it hadn't been for good old e-bay