I'm 2000 +++++++

Norrie

Geezus, just realised, thats my double millennium post on AN.......I remember my first couple of posts... :rolleyes: .....they were dodgy , to be honest.....but, in the last couple of years, I've met and fished with some of the most decent guys ....and girls on the planet..and travelled all over the place..and made some really good friends, and more to the point, had a belter of a time doing it.............so,

LONG LIVE ANGLERS NET....... :D I liked it so much I bought the T-shirt.....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2000? Yawn! :)

Are you getting short stubby fingers yet?

What's really interesting is that the Sea section now has more posts than any other - not bad considering Anglersnet started life mainly as a coarse fishing site.

(But I guess that splitting off Carp Session from coarse has helped, but we are catching up fast on the combined total of all the freshwater forums :) )

Go have a few beers to celebrate :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon,Cheers, I already did that last night.. ...I used to be on a group called Carp.net, think Newt was too.Then it just dissappeared,havent a clue where it went, I was looking for it one night, and came across AN.and the rest as they say, is history.

T.A. Thanks for that, see you in January... :D

Theocritis..

Guest jay_con

I really dont know how I arrived here, but glad I did. Glad to see your 2000 Norie (Nearly as old as geeezus himself). Many happy returns.

congrats norrie you have PM

funny this is only my 100th so far behind but really enjoy the forum

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

I used to be on a group called Carp.net, think Newt was too

Norrie, I certainly was and remember it as a sad day when the forum finally blew up. Problem was the owner had not been involved for some time before that and the mods were like the ones here in that we can deal with posts but have no access to the administrative guts of the forum itself.

When a major software problem developed, there was no one around who could fix it - didn't have the passwords for administrative access. Interesting to me that even though carp.net was basically a US forum, the owner was a Brit - not6 sure if an ex-pat or someone who still lives in the UK. Elton knows him I think.

I had wandered in here to AN before that happened - a link posted to carp.net for a thread on AN that was interesting - and have just sorta hung around since then. :D

There are still a few other carp.net regulars who are seen on here on occasion. Hoppy4 is one. Nightwing was as well but he seems busy elsewhere these days. You and Budgie are about the only ones I can think of who are regulars.

2000 is lots of posts and congratulations on reaching it. I still get sorta amazed when I look at the total by my name though. No earthly idea what all I've said to reach such a number.

tack4 - enjoying yourself is what the forum is all about. The post count will happen and you won't even notice until one day you look again and the total has grown somehow.

[ 02. December 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks guys ....much appreciated. My wife wasnt as surprised as me at reaching that amount of posts, I asked her why, and she said "becuase you speak such a LOT of c*** :D:rolleyes::D "

Theocritis..

Congratulations Norrie, and it was great to meet you this year - you are as much a gent in real life as you are in this virtual one. Keep going!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk