Digital photo frames

Ken L

Been racking my brains for a christmas pressie for my mom for a couple of weeks and drawn a blank 'cause there's just no point in buying "stuff" for her. Something with an emotional content always goes down better anyway.

Finally, it hit me. Get a digi photo frame and quietly pinch a bunch of photo's of the family when we were growing up and crop them nicely before sticking them on a memory card.

I'm planning on doing all the techie stuff over the weekend whilst I wait for the frame to arrive but I have a question.

Do these things generally require an image to be so many pixels wide buy so many pixels high or will it automatically display an image at the best size to fit it's screen ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Do these things generally require an image to be so many pixels wide buy so many pixels high or will it automatically display an image at the best size to fit it's screen ?

Don't know the answer to that Ken, but it's a doddle to resize pics with the right programme if necessary.

It is but I wanted everything ready to go by the weekend. I supose I can just do all the scanning and wait to read the bumf before thransfering to the card.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest sandpipper

Hi Ken had to wait until this time of morning so i could get the one out i had bought for my other half and you will be pleased to know they resized them selfs automatically , hey im quiet impressed

Hi Ken had to wait until this time of morning so i could get the one out i had bought for my other half and you will be pleased to know they resized them selfs automatically , hey im quiet impressed

Cool, I can now get on with scanning in some pictures from the 70's.

do they have the ability to scroll through several different pictures or do you have to upload one picture at a time.

The specs I've been reading all say that they have several display modes.

BTW, I did order one and I've not seen anywhere that can beat these guys on price.

http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&...Offset=0#Paging

Cool, I can now get on with scanning in some pictures from the 70's.

The specs I've been reading all say that they have several display modes.

BTW, I did order one and I've not seen anywhere that can beat these guys on price.

http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&...Offset=0#Paging

Hi Ken,

I bought one for my wife in the summer. What I would suggest is get one of the wifi models, it enables you to browse through all your photo's on your computer and select the folders you wish to look at, without transferring folders using cards.

Andy

Dont know what your budget is, but i saw this on the gadget show the other day

and is deffinatly on the list for next year when the price is half..

It's gots its own e-mail address, so you can email a picture to the frame from anywhere

in the world, now that would impress your mum ;)

See here.... wifi picture frame with email address

Blimey you can link it to your photobucket pictures and you send text messages to it...amazing. I want now !

B)

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif