Brand new inventions

Ben Harding

Hello everyone.

Basically im 20 years old and an engineer and have a passion for fishing. I have come up with two inventions and wanted to see what you guys think of them. There both patented but have no idea how to get them out in shops or interest from tackle companies.

My first idea is a idea based on your standard umbrela used for fishing. The thing that anoys me with them , and hopefully all you guys is the pole bang in the middle supporting it making it hard to get everyting under the umbrela. Ive designed one where it can be inside or outside, optimising space with competive priceing, also just as easy to put and pack away.

The second idea has come from more modern fishing techniques, fishing in the margins. As keepnets are getting longer and longer which is making them impratical for margin fishing. This is due to the fish been spooked by the net due to the fish not been able to carry out its normal route around the margins. So this means having a shorter net for these ocasions, as you can see both nets have there good points and bad points. Now i've got a clip mechanism, allowing you to shorten a net as much as you want and when needed you can lengthen it back. It takes about 10 minutes to fit and is permently fitted to the net. And the beauty is, you can attach it to the nets you already have. All you do is in the midle ring, or whichever ring you desire, on either side cut a small hole about a 1cm wide and attach the clip,open the clip and put as many off the ringlets in it as you want, then shut the clip and jobs done. The clips i have msde and been using have had 120lb of fish in and dont affect the net in any way and when lifting net out of water havent even flexed.

So i hope you fishing lads will like them ideas, will try and get photos to show you, feel free to criticise, or aplaud, and ask questions

Tight lines, b. harding

Hello everyone.

Basically im 20 years old and an engineer and have a passion for fishing. I have come up with two inventions and wanted to see what you guys think of them. There both patented but have no idea how to get them out in shops or interest from tackle companies.

My first idea is a idea based on your standard umbrela used for fishing. The thing that anoys me with them , and hopefully all you guys is the pole bang in the middle supporting it making it hard to get everyting under the umbrela. Ive designed one where it can be inside or outside, optimising space with competive priceing, also just as easy to put and pack away.

Hi Ben, I don't want to put the dampers on your ideas as they are great but I'm sure the umberellas you describe are already available. A friend of mine has one which you can have erected as normal or have the pole in different positions .......at one side or the other or at the back and he's had it for a few years. I suppose if you could supply them at a good price you would still get interest ........including me!

All the best Tigger.

Some unerella based options here http://www.cheshirefishing.co.uk/shop/brollies.htm

Or, for those of us that are a bit tight http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...ng_shelter.html

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As keepnets are getting longer and longer which is making them impratical for margin fishing. This is due to the fish been spooked by the net due to the fish not been able to carry out its normal route around the margins. So this means having a shorter net for these ocasions, as you can see both nets have there good points and bad points.

Do many people here use keepnets ?

I know they're used in match fishing but in all other circumstances its catch and immediate release for me.

Tony

Ben, these two inventions may or may not be marketable. Unfortunately the vast majority aren't. But keep on dreaming up ideas - the angling world needs thinkers like you. :thumbs:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Do many people here use keepnets ?

I've probably used a keepnet twice in the last 10 years. Both times when livebailing in the autumn.

On a serious note, if you haven't got patents worked out yet, think twice before posting photos or giving specific details on the net.

some stuff for a quick read here http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Angling...&hl=patents

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ben, are they patented or Patent applied for?

The fact that you have applied for one doesn't mean you will get granted letters patent, specially on an item like an umbrella. But a different method of supporting an umbrella may be "unique".

Good luck anyway, try Fox, they are always up for good new ideas :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic