fish fingers

mikethepike

hi im a new member , i have been told by a mate down the tip that you can use fish fingers for bait, anyone else had any luck or is he chatting rubbis. many thanks

mikethepike .

Firstly welcome to AN, if you want to raid the freezer go for prawns rather than fish fingers, it depends on what you are fishing for. Tell us what type of water you are fishing ie; lake or river and we will help you with baits

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a fair few decent sized pike and zander on wobbled fish fingers, so it might be worth a go.

actually, that's total cr*p!

hi all, went fishing today and had a lovley bag of fish fingers and waffle mix with some other bits'n'bobs, but had more interest from the ducks than anything else!next time i see my mate dave at the tip, i'll be sure to give him a real good slap.

Don't feel bad about being fooled.

A friend once convinced me that since carp often like baits doctored with hot sauce, I should try a paste containing capsaicinoids (the stuff in peppers that make them hot) and that a good source was an ointment used as a topical treatment for arthritis.

After I reported to him that it was a dismal failure, I pushed him into the lake before he had time to quit laughing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome to AN but...

...Whoa there mikethepike i am juinor to but i have gatherd enough experiance to know that little fish, roach, chub ect... Probaly dont want to eat the copiaons or 'Mum and Dad' cose if u where a fish and ur mum and dad had vanished and then u smelt them wrapped in breadcrumbs, u get my point.

Mind you a Pike or Trout ect... might take an intrest as they genaraly eat other fish but the ducks might come for the bread crumbs adding that all up....u carry the, to the mutiply it to the, take away and add the, and u get,

HE'S TALKING A LOAD OF GARBAGE MATE,

I advice some 'LiVe Pinkies' and for the so called 'Big Guys (fish)' catch some small ones with the pikies maybe a roach, wack its head against a stone to kill it them hook them up on a stronng line with a big enough hook for the bait to stay on and not to kill the 'Big Guys' and fish on out! I have never killed a fish but heck give it a go!!!

Try the reeds for the 'Small Guys' and a bit further out for the 'Big Guys'

Hope this helps mikethepike,

Wolfie10

!You Were Wild Once Dont Let Them Tame You!

Yes boththe sausage and kipper thing are serious and for pike.Much more prefer conventional baits myself though!

LOL@You bruv......it is right that I heard you got fish finger for your tea? ;):P:P:D:D

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

One winter I decided to fish a local gravel pit and try for my first 20lb pike. This was mainly to combate the bass withdrewalls I suffer in winter.

One day I was stuffed for bait so went to my local Tesco Express, they only sold salmon stakes and healthy good for you coaly fillets. So I used the above as bait, I rigged them on a stiff hair rig to a 3/0 uptide extra hook. I found the coaly fillets could be rolled up like a herring rollmop. That winter I caught three low 20s with many high doubles.

As for fish finger I wouldnt bother!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=