Now they tell us!

Jim Roper

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that at the time they were being promoted "they" said they were also of extremely long life an would last a lot longer than ordinary light bulbs. WOT A LOAD OF TOSH!!!! we took advantage of Morrissons BOGOF deals in the summer and fitted them to virtually every room in the house.

6 months later I think there is only one lamp left that is still burning from the initial ones we bought. Humph long life my a*se!!

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

Not only that at the time they were being promoted "they" said they were also of extremely long life an would last a lot longer than ordinary light bulbs. WOT A LOAD OF TOSH!!!! we took advantage of Morrissons BOGOF deals in the summer and fitted them to virtually every room in the house.

6 months later I think there is only one lamp left that is still burning from the initial ones we bought. Humph long life my a*se!!

We had three installed for building regs and they have been running for over eighteen months now, other new lamps have not been so good.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

i have filled in several online questionnaires for scottish gas they sent me 6 free philips low energy bulbs ,

this was about 2 years ago and there still working

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Yet another absolute disastrous "decision" made by this government without proper consultation.

Why is it that the government will make a decision like this KNOWING that it will make little, if any, difference to global warning! Yet the government medical watchdog NICE (wrong name) will not allow pain killing medicines "because the price outweighs the advantages" They don't see people writhing in pain. It is just another case of money talks!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Jim - it may be a matter of getting special dimmer switches designed to work with the bulbs rather than the other way around.

I have replaced most of our conventional incandescent bulbs with fluorescents to save on electricity use and lower our bills. So far they have held up nicely.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, I'm sure I have seen low energy bulbs 'suitable for use with dimmer units' advertised somewhere. I didn't look too closely as I already had a dozen or so at about 39p each from our local supermarket. They flicker when dimmed!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Incandescent bulbs work based on more juice, more light so a dimmer switch for them is pretty simple.

Fluoro is a whole different thing.

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infelec...l/inffluor.html

http://members.misty.com/don/f-dim.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President