Fishing in Jordan and Lebanon, anyone been?

jeepster

Sorry we're not being a lot of help.

Ps: Stick of rock . . take care it might have a fuse sticking out of one end!

Andrew Boyd

Don't bother with the Dead Sea it's dead :lol::lol: the whole areas a bit dry, sandy and rocky, water being a bit of a scarcity :rolleyes::lol:

However the archaeological scene is flourishing and can be highly recommended with Petra, Amman, Umm Qais, Jerash, Madaba, Al Karak now this is a superb castle with a bloody history to go with it, must be stacks of ghost haunting it :D

The Jordan River is however a very contentious area and the last time I was in Jordan best avoided. :rolleyes:

This is worth a visit when I first saw it approaching from Al Karak it was a stunning sight in the evening sun one of those things I will be recalling as they nail the lid down :lol: All jokes aside really worth a visit, it is not rated like Petra but a beautiful place.

If you go to Petra you MUST climb up the steps to the Sun Temple really worth the effort and if you go beyond the temple up to the brow of the hill the view again over Arabah is stunning.

There are several castles which are worth a visit Qasr Amra, famous for it's fresco's how the hell it survived with the shameless nudity is beyond me but it did.

Your a lucky man to be going that way, leave the rods at home take a good digital camera and cam recorder and away to go, wish they had them on my visits used ten rolls of film in one day at Petra :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I took my pike rod to the Dead Sea last time I was there, ever the optimist!

I won't get much time for sightseeing, but I've already done Petra and you're right Ken and Cory, it's an amazing place.

I'll be sure to report back, maybe even with some pictures of fish :) And for all the people who claim the BBC are anti angling, I'll be fishing with Jeremy Bowen :)

Jeeptser

Many moons ago I shared a flat with a Lebanese Guy and as well as saying there was fishing in the Med; I am sure he mentioned that there was Trout Fishing in the streams around Mount Lebanon, only one way to find out.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jeeptser

Many moons ago I shared a flat with a Lebanese Guy and as well as saying there was fishing in the Med; I am sure he mentioned that there was Trout Fishing in the streams around Mount Lebanon, only one way to find out.

Tony

Get out the flack jacket :lol::lol: and tin lid

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I read a book years ago by some guy, a teacher I think, who spent some time in the Lebanon and discovered some Trout fishing. I'm sure it was off the beaten track. Sorry can't be of any more help.

Andrew Boyd

Lebanon and Jordan are excellent places. Dunno about the fishing but have a feeling i saw people fishing off the corniche and pigeon rocks in beirut. Might be wrong though, it was 5 years ago. lebanon is superb. Syria too.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.