Anyone getting any enjoyable fishing inn ?

Guest tigger

I only normally fish the flashes and the Dougie for pike, but since you mentioned that 3lb perch....... :D

Somebody mentioned the red ponds for tench, I used to fish there quite a lot, would have been about 8 or nine years ago last time, we used to get a lot of quality tench near the submerged car in the corner. There was also good perch to be had but they always seemed battle scarred.

Jeezzzz,

What a picture we are painting of Wigan. Asda trolleys galore in the Dougie, Plenty of Tench near the submerged car in the reddy and an earlier post by me claiming to be scared of fishing alone for fear of being mugged!!

PS - about the 3lb Perch. It was years ago but seriously it was a big bugger. I never seen one like it since.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeezzzz,

What a picture we are painting of Wigan. Asda trolleys galore in the Dougie, Plenty of Tench near the submerged car in the reddy and an earlier post by me claiming to be scared of fishing alone for fear of being mugged!!

PS - about the 3lb Perch. It was years ago but seriously it was a big bugger. I never seen one like it since.

Yeah! That would be the labour party everyone seems to vote for in Wigan wouldn't it. :lol:

just came back from chew valley reservoirs pike trials! i had a 6 1/2 lb trout and that was it but between the other 3 pikers i was with they had two 21s, an 11, a 12, and a 15.6 aswell as some good rainbows aswell, The two that caught the 21s, one had never been fishing full stop and the other lad had never been pike fishing not bad for first fish seeing as i have been pike fishing for 3-4 years and my pb is 15lb

I fished the canal yesterday ,I caught 3 jacks and a decent perch on the spinner ,today however I could see the canal from where I was working and in one place it was over flowing and running down the field like a river,I've never seen anything like it there were streams running down the fields above the canal all over the hill side .

i managed to get out on to a small pond on the common in harlow yesterday, despite many swims being flooded out i managed a couple of nice roach in a couple of hours, the fine rain never let up and to be honest i was fishing in a very half hearted manner. hope this rain lets up soon.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

The Thames above Oxford is slowly retreating back to where it should be, but it's still in a very bad way. A couple of days ago it was almost as high as it was in June. Lots more rain coming on Thursday though...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music