Memory sticks

Riley

Hi Sis,

Have you tried just taking one pic and loading it onto your PC, I wonder if the camera is overwriting the image?

By the way why the pic of the headless Riley, have the RSPCA been told?!

See youve been having sun, I'm pleased to report that the weather here has been almost summerlike, unbelievable for the time of year ..... its just like it was last August :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WHEN WILL IT STOP RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that was how I found out I had a problem! Took a picture to send to a friend of the cement mixer behind their house where yet another Brit is building his dream, and went to upload it to send and it was blank. Thought I'd lost my marbles but I had left clicked and seen the image after I took it , and there it was!

The harbour picture above was part of a dozen I took on an empty stick and it was one of the last ones I took that is missing.. though not THE last one.

Andy- Q: Not deleteing or formating, just losing them after taking them. What I find hard to understand is that using the quick review button (checked manual for proper term... (never read manuals till it goes pear shaped) I can see the picture, but after continuing in normal mode or after switching off, the pic is no longer there. On quck review is it seeing a picture on the actual stick?

J.K No , after quick review; first time I had switched the camera off to send pic by email later ( no pics in the folder when I took it) and when I switched on it again wasnt there, 2nd time again it was there on quick review , I carried on taking a few more pics, switched off, ( didnt check again at that point) then when switching on again later to see what I'd taken, I noticed a shot was missing.

Dan, Riley's head is in the snow looking for a stick or bottle to carry! So probably the RSPCA wont mind!

Glad you are having summer weather so early! Of course one wouldnt expect rain in January?

We are having halcyon days, it was nearly 20c while I did battle with a climbing rose yesterday, I'm battle scarred but its back up on the newly repointed wall.

Edited by Riley

Riley

The more people I meet the more I like my dog!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seem to remember my old sony camera's memory stick had a write protect switch underneath it. Just double check it's set so that you can write, otherwise it's possible that the camera was only storing the pictures in it's internal memory buffer and never saving to the card. When you switch the camera off all would have been lost.

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I seem to remember my old sony camera's memory stick had a write protect switch underneath it. Just double check it's set so that you can write, otherwise it's possible that the camera was only storing the pictures in it's internal memory buffer and never saving to the card. When you switch the camera off all would have been lost.

Paul.

Yes mine has that too and thank you,but yes I had checked that but it couldn't prevent just one of a dozen pics saving could it?

Riley

Thanks Mick! Yep thats the one!

That fellas a girl, Sue to you! (BIG sis to Dan my only claim to entitlement to post here cos I leave the fishing to others I just LOVE to eat em!)Easy mistake! :D

Ooops, sory Sue. I'll keep it none gender specific in future :D .

I'm not not blonde,

OK, I'm confused here. Does this mean that you ARE a blonde? :P

Cant help with what might be a problem with your stick but the new ones are cheap as chips these days. Get a 1mb for about $40 I think.

Mick.

Edited by Hellbelly
rb_getcreative.gif

An odd one this ...

Seems that the camera may be storing the pic in its "buffer" , which it loses when the camera switches off, but is failing to transmit to stick occasionally.

Worn contacts on camera/card interface, causing intermittent contact ? Camera fault ?

Do you have a spare "stick" Riley ?

The Older I get .. The better I was.

An odd one this ...

Seems that the camera may be storing the pic in its "buffer" , which it loses when the camera switches off, but is failing to transmit to stick occasionally.

Worn contacts on camera/card interface, causing intermittent contact ? Camera fault ?

Do you have a spare "stick" Riley ?

I never have "normal" problems!

Good point, the other stick is only 16mb tho, bit limiting, but would be an interesting exercise.

Will go and have a test run.

Riley

Ooops, sory Sue. I'll keep it none gender specific in future :D .

OK, I'm confused here. Does this mean that you ARE a blonde? :P

Cant help with what might be a problem with your stick but the new ones are cheap as chips these days. Get a 1mb for about $40 I think.

Mick.

Not not blonde? thats nothing, you should try and read her txts, especially after a long "lunch" !! :drunk:

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Not not blonde? thats nothing, you should try and read her txts, especially after a long "lunch" !! :drunk:

Dan

I didnt know they had made Carole and Sue emoticons!!

Actually I obviously am blonde even if only inside cos why did I just think of trying the other stick?! Duh... havent yet got busy trying to beat the blue screen of death on my other PC... looks set for another sunny day in paradise so will make that my mission today.

Hellbelly G'day mate... no offence taken! Dont really want to buy a new stick until Im sure thats the problem .

Edited by Riley

Riley