Memory sticks

Riley

Do memory sticks have a shelf life like batteries?! :huh:

Suddenly I have noticed that I take a pic, have a quick look at, it but when I go to transfer images to PC it was not there!

This has happened twice now, so question is, are memory sticks like batteries, you can use and delete them so many times then they self destruct?!

If thats not the case why has it suddenly started to happen?

Camera is a Sony cybershot 3.2 (not very new but I have been happy with it as a beginners camera) memory stick is a sony 128mb

Thanks to he who may know the answer.

This is Corfu yesterday.... the snowy peak is in Albania.

post-3099-1200815673_thumb.jpg

Edited by Riley

Riley

The more people I meet the more I like my dog!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do memory sticks have a shelf life like batteries?! :huh:

Suddenly I have noticed that I take a pic, have a quick look at, it but when I go to transfer images to PC it was not there!

This has happened twice now, so question is, are memory sticks like batteries, you can use and delete them so many times then they self destruct?!

If thats not the case why has it suddenly started to happen?

Camera is a Sony cybershot 3.2 (not very new but I have been happy with it as a beginners camera) memory stick is a sony 128mb

Thanks to he who may know the answer.

This is Corfu yesterday.... the snowy peak is in Albania.

Do you actually mean a memory stick or an SD card? I've never heard of a camera that accepts a memory stick. Whatever the case, if the the file was ever put there it should stay there. It is possible for a card or stick to become corrupted, but if that was the case you would get some kind of error message when trying to read it. Could it be that the card wasn't inserted properly and that you actually stored the pic on the camera's own internal memory?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Riley ...

Do you mean a memory stick, or a memory card ?

A stick looks like a small womans lipstick with a plug on the end .. whilst a card is a slim, flat unit that fits inside the camera.

I have never heard of a camera that uses memory sticks. Certainly none of mine over the years have.

Both of these devises are solid-state electronic memory devices, with no moving parts and no batteries. They simply record your pictures onto a "chip" for later retrieval.

I am still using CF cards that are over 10 years old, and have never had one failure. As far as I am aware they cannot "wear out". Physical damage is their only weakness.

Are you sure that you have not accidentally deleted the pictures from the card ?

Give us some more details reguarding make, size etc of card.

Has anyone else out there had instances of this ?

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

No fella's he's right. They're Momory Sticks in the Sony DSCP range. I've got one too but had no problems with it.

Mick.

EDIT : Here they are.

;)

Thanks Mick! Yep thats the one!

That fellas a girl, Sue to you! (BIG sis to Dan my only claim to entitlement to post here cos I leave the fishing to others I just LOVE to eat em!)Easy mistake! :D

Thanks, but it says its a memory stick so guess it knows!

I'm not not blonde, and have been using the camera for 4 years so am sure I didnt delete anything ( first time I guess I might have wondered what I did), now I'm sure that some pics are not being saved on the memory stick, question is whose fault is it? Camera or stick?

To the best of my knowledge my Camera does not have a memeory. I would love for some one to prove me wrong.

Edited by Riley

Riley

At what point are they going missing ?

Before plugging into the PC can you still view them on the camera ?

NO I domt think so.

Thinking the points of the compass control; after taking the pic, a left click will show the last photo taken, I have looked at that and carried on with life as normal and dont usually look at the whole collection until uploading to pc, though in the last case, another picture of the harbour , taken with the thumbnail above, I did try to look at as a partt of the whole file but though there on the left click ( if you get my drift?) it was not on the file. I hope you understand what i mean!?

Riley

Hi Sis,

Have you tried just taking one pic and loading it onto your PC, I wonder if the camera is overwriting the image?

By the way why the pic of the headless Riley, have the RSPCA been told?!

See youve been having sun, I'm pleased to report that the weather here has been almost summerlike, unbelievable for the time of year ..... its just like it was last August :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WHEN WILL IT STOP RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com