Fishing In London

Elton

Posted on behalf of David. Please add all replies to this thread:

Hi there!I´m new in London and i wanna start angling in the end of March here. Do i need any kind of permit or license for angling in London?I´m based in Totenham Hale and it´s a few ponds around here.May i angling here?

Thanks for your help. David

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi there!I´m new in London and i wanna start angling in the end of March here. Do i need any kind of permit or license for angling in London?I´m based in Totenham Hale and it´s a few ponds around here.May i angling here?

Thanks for your help. David

First things first, have you searched the forum for previous posts ?

As a Londoner I know this question has come up several times before.

Secondly seems like a good place to post a link to news on the new Hampstead Heath Anglers' Society

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Firstly Hi Dave , as an Ex Londer I am a out of touch , but the main people to contact would be the LAA. the LONDON Anglers Association. They have a lot of the Canals and Lakes under there Membership. A lot of the Thames is Free as Long as you have fishing license. hope this helps.

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

Not far from you is walthamstow reserviors there are nine lakes in all and there are day tickets on most lakes although i think that one is for fly fishing. there is also a streach of the coppermill stream that runs thorugh the site. i think that this is you best bet. of course the river lee is always an option but i would feel very unsafe fishing on my own along here or on the regents cana in Hackney. its a shame really as there are some good fish in the canal. have a look

here: http://www.go-fish.co.uk/london.htm

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

You have also got the fantastic River Lea not too far from you, I'm out of touch with the lea since I moved away from London, but you can fish some of it for free with some seriously good stretches available on a day ticket

there is also a streach of the c that runs thorugh the site. i think that this is you best bet.

This is why I suggested David search the forum. The previous thread suggested coppermill stream was dead.

The bit I was told was still worth trying is where the overflow from the lake pours into the head of the stream. But as I found when I went up there its not always open.

If anyone has any more up-to-date informatioin then I'd love to know, it was a beautiful spot to fish.

I assume still the message is posted in this forum you're after course fishing and not just the largest carp you can catch. The walthamstow reserviors by Blackhorse ferry are very much carp waters, theres some big bream in there too, but thats all anyone I spoke to there knew about.

The Lea has also had its share of problems - see the last message on the Lea Angers Consortium page.

It could be worth you finding your nearest tackle shop they'll have up-to-the-week info on whos caught what where.

Oakwood Anglings up near Cockfosters, Bowlers Angling near Dagenham, Tottenham Angling Centre if they're still there.

Tony

You have some great fishing in your area mate, the Lea itself is a massive fishable area. I fish at Fishers Green under the Cemex ticket

I dont know what sort of fishing you are into, the Lea system has so many lakes and clubs it's hard to list them all but here are some Cemex venues close to you....

Hooks Marsh

Fishers Green

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Oakwood Angling this morning. I have a couple of days holiday to use up before April and may as well go fishiing.

Jacks Lake in Hadley is fishing well

Boxers Lake around the corner from Oakwood is ok but not as well stocked as Jacks.

You can fish Trent Country Park for free though its not easy at this time of year.

If targeting the River Lea best to try up near Broxborne.

Other recommended places : Waltham Abbey

Tony