Elton

I rarely answer my phone, but it just rang and I did a 1471 to get this number - 0800 9533008.

A quick Google revealed this page:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08009533008

Seeing as I'm ex-directory and signed up to the TPS, I might start answering it and then giving BT a piece of my mind! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest sandpipper

You can say that again ive tried to ring you twice this week, youve not answered so i may give the sat nav to someone else :rolleyes:

Got your number once, Tony. Who else did you ring? :D

I've got a Sat Nav, cheers. Quite a few on here seemed interested, so it may be worth putting it up for sale.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Aye!! BUT it got your attention eh?? :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Write to BT and tell them if you get another call from this number you will switch supplier. If BT can't stop nuisance callers, who can?

How much is the postage to India, though? :D

• 7 months later...

One bit of advice for anyone who uses price comparison websites:

NEVER put your real phone number in. Even if you tick the "Leave me alone. I hate you" box, you WILL get nuisance calls from them.

i'm x directory the problem comes with sequential dialing .a machine just dials numbers if the phones picked up or goes to a answer machine the numbers logged for later scammers to call.

we get the american voiced machine "you have won press 9 now" monthly ,as my mrs has err problems with her memory i have a premium line block on the phone ,whether it includes numbers other than 0900 i havn't a clue :blink:

at the moment the most callers are BT themselves wanting me to continue their broadband service ,"you get a reduction of £2 a month" "10 gig download instead of 5" etc, i say other providers are less than that and you get a free laptop :D;)

i will stick with them but dont tell them ;) touch wood since i advised their last errr repair man where the fault was its gone :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If you are signed up to preference calls then if a company do phone you and you report them they get a very hefty fine :o On the odd occaison I get a call as soon as I ask them to confirm their company name so that I can report them they are always very apologetic and hang up :)

lyn

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

while we are on the subject i got a call in the office asking for, let say john, knowing it was a cold caller i said no its peter who deals with that and he is not in the office.

the next day they called back, knowing it was the same voice which is very distinctive, they asked for john again and i hung up. they called me back again and said in an angry voice why did you hang up on me i need to speak to mr john im a personal friend.

so thinking hm ok lets play it out a bit and then she asked for his date of birth and i asked why. i just want to surprise him im an old friend she said. i told them no i cannot give you that information i dont know who you are, if your an old friend call him on his mobile. she said "ok so is his name john or peter!"

like what the hell i thought you were an old friend and hung up on her.

just goes to show they will do and say anything just to get information

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk