Tiling

rob.imk2

I am tiling my bathroom Ive took off the old tiles and the surface of the plaster is very dry and dusty but is fairly sound but it looks like the skim coat is non existent shallI skim it or just tile it help would be really appreciated :thumbs:ps the backing plaster is the old lime plaster

Edited by rob.imk2

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

I am tiling my bathroom Ive took off the old tiles and the surface of the plaster is very dry and dusty but is fairly sound but it looks like the skim coat is non existent shallI skim it or just tile it help would be really appreciated :thumbs:ps the backing plaster is the old lime plaster

You can decide to skim it or not, before you do anything, seal it with 'uni-bond' watered down.

If the surface or the backing plaster is sound and not 'hollow' it should be ok. However a nice new skimmed surface is great to tile on, and i would 'uni-bond' that as well.

picturesdownloaded659.jpg

Anyone want one. :)

post-10666-1202934477_thumb.jpg

post-10666-1202934483_thumb.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Great looking installation Barry but it would be massively improved if you had a scantily clad young thing in the tub for the photos.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for the information Barry just dont fancy hacking all the plaster off .Nice bathroom by the way is it yours or one youv,e done.

Great looking installation Barry but it would be massively improved if you had a scantily clad young thing in the tub for the photos.
She,s hiding behind the door :o

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Wouldn't have minded the women who's house it was in the bath for a foto with the bubbles going............. as well :):D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thanks for the information Barry just dont fancy hacking all the plaster off .Nice bathroom by the way is it yours or one youv,e done.She,s hiding behind the door :o

Is the plaster , rendering quite hard? if so, it certainly don't need to come off, however you said it was lime mortar, that could be quite friable, easy to pull off, if that was the case, i would take it off and re-render and set.

One of quite a few. Using back to the wall pans and push buttons, that seems to be the rage at the mo, with sit on top sinks. Installing some large showers, for more than one persons :D seems to be in as well, in place of baths. Even done a in the floor shower, wet room. That was interesting.

Edited by barry luxton

I've just spent the last couple of months renovating our bathroom.

I've just spent the last of my savings renovating our bathroom.

I've just spent the last couple of months being nagged while renovating our bathroom.

I've just spent the last couple of months really p1ssed off while renovating our bathroom.

I've just spent the last couple of months renovating our bathroom and not going fishing.

It now seems the ceilings right through the house need skimming as Artex isn't the "in" thing on those TV home renovation shows.

Neutral colours are the "in" thing as are "blank canvases"

Colin

Jeez I wish I had,nt shown that picture to my Mrs :o

ha ha ha, ave another,picturesdownloaded662.jpg

one more then, snigger,

picturesdownloaded661.jpg

Edited by barry luxton