Me spent some money

Ollie Jay

Well finally managed to save a bit of cash and taken a little longer then expected due to car problems but managed to get enough cash together to get into the nikon club and get myself a d40 after many weeks of thinking about what to get. \o/ taken no pictures yet but seems a nice bit of kit! only could afford the basic kit with the 18-55mm lens so now im gonna start saving for a lens and some filters.....probably a 55-200mm lens?

Hope to get out with it over the weekend to see what i can do with it and if i can get on with it......seems weird focusing by hand though...lol

Any tips for me on how to use it and what extras i should look out for?

Cheers all

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Well your photo's with the S5600 were very good, can't wait to see the D40 results good luck. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Nice one :thumbs: I will be in the same boat shortly. Will have some redundancy money to spend and looking for an SLR with a few lenses chucked in.

Any advice chaps ? :huh:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Well finally managed to save a bit of cash and taken a little longer then expected due to car problems but managed to get enough cash together to get into the nikon club and get myself a d40 after many weeks of thinking about what to get. \o/ taken no pictures yet but seems a nice bit of kit! only could afford the basic kit with the 18-55mm lens so now im gonna start saving for a lens and some filters.....probably a 55-200mm lens?

Hope to get out with it over the weekend to see what i can do with it and if i can get on with it......seems weird focusing by hand though...lol

Cheers all

Ollie.

Hi Ollie.

You will enjoy, dont forget to give 'Ken Rockwells' rantings? :lol: a good read, he really does rate the D40, nothing better until the D200 is his opinion it appears? Kens advise is good but he does not have it all right IMHO, confidence, be your own man B)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/d40-recommendations.htm

A little concerned? focusing by hand, the D40 has 'auto focus' . . . or are you going all 'hair shirt, manual' :huh::lol:

SW

Cheers all

Ollie.

Ollie, grab yourself, if you haven't done so already a 'Sky Filter 1B' acts as a lens glass protector and kills the blue hue generated in sunlight. You can also use a 'UV' filter, similar affect. Drove me mad when I got the D80, I automatically screwed on the UV, however I find I prefer the 'Sky filter'. They are not expensive, worth experimenting? Then comes the 'circular Polarizer', thats a bit more pricey, but worth the money, can be used as a 'poor mans Neutral density' filter. INMHO, any further up the filter ladder is for the 'anorak enthusiast', great when you have mastered the basics and wish to progress. However a tripod fits in there some where, tripod, then extra filters I would suggest? I'm sure this will be disagreed with? :D By the way, I noticed 'Ken Rokwell' has something to say about filters, have a fish about on his web site. Each to his own, SW

Cheers peeps.....definitely looking forward to getting the hang of this one.....pretty much the same as the fuji i had but with plenty more control over it....went for a walk today and took a few shots to see what it was like but need a bit of practice yet! which will be fun. thanks for the extra info and will look into them links when i get a bit more time and thanks for the tips on what to get.....and found the auto focus...lmao not used to having switches on lenses!! lol

cheers again

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album