Please Read !

MrWiggly

Hi All .. :D

The photocomp overall is improving with every new Comp that is started up, which is great to see !!

However .. In their enthusiasm to get entries in some members are unfortunately falling foul of the new rules, and I am having quite a busy time keeping an eye on you folks !! :wacko:

Please note .. The old competition (PhotoChallenge) rules no longer apply. This is a new Comp format with new rules.

Can I ask all entrants to have a good look at the new rules before posting their pics up ? This will make the process so much smoother for all !!

That way I may be able to get the time to get some fishing in ... or even take the wife out shopping !! :P:P

Thanks to all ...

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Hi All .. :D

The photocomp overall is improving with every new Comp that is started up, which is great to see !!

However .. In their enthusiasm to get entries in some members are unfortunately falling foul of the new rules, and I am having quite a busy time keeping an eye on you folks !! :wacko:

Please note .. The old competition (PhotoChallenge) rules no longer apply. This is a new Comp format with new rules.

Can I ask all entrants to have a good look at the new rules before posting their pics up ? This will make the process so much smoother for all !!

That way I may be able to get the time to get some fishing in ... or even take the wife out shopping !! :P:P

Thanks to all ...

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Improving? not sure about that Mr W, a free for all on the subject matter doe's not mean something is getting better just that there are more entrants, the quality has improved but lets not yet say it is because of the format.

I for one enjoyed the challenge of having the subject set. B)

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Improving? not sure about that Mr W, a free for all on the subject matter doe's not mean something is getting better just that there are more entrants, the quality has improved but lets not yet say it is because of the format.

I for one enjoyed the challenge of having the subject set. B)

I must agree with you there 'MG'. Been involved in a couple of 'photo clubs' community hall, pub function room type. Not recently, but there was always a theme, as can be found in most media comps? Does not stop me but, it can be difficult to meaningfully, judge 'apples' against a 'landscape'? Must be said I dont like some of the themes, but thats life, its a challenge! As I say, not to stop me, and a personal opinion.

SW

Can't please all the people all the time.

At least people are entering now and not put off by the subject matter.

As time goes by and experiance is gained I'm sure the Boss will tweak the rules a little as he (and the members) see fit, but for now pleaae give the comp time to develop in its present formatt.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Considering further, the question raised by 'MG' . . . and my personal reaction to the new competition. I miss the theaming? however every picture I take has a question over it in my mind, 'Competition?'. Makes me look all the time as I drive around for possible pictures, (pain, often cant stop). However, when I can, I use the P&S compact glove compartment camera.

Conclusion, the new rules are giving me a high awareness of my surroundings in photographic terms? so thats a :thumbs: Mmm :g:

SW

I think both Cameraman and Sutton Warrior have excellent points. More people DO enter because it's an open topic. Therefor everyone has to try a little harder, think a little more and maybe put in that little extra effort to try and get the shot that might be just a little better than the next man. So, if we're all doing that, the comp is going great guns. I must admit, I like the "Theme" idea but I love the fact that now, whatever I'm shooting I'm thinking "this could go in the comp, better get it right". Keep em coming guys, its great.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif