Licences

carphead100

Dear all,

I am 15 at the moment, birthday in january, and obviously need to get a new licence soon. So at the moment am unsure what licence to get. What I need to know is what age does the junior licence go up to? Is it 16 or 18? Becuase I have asked others I know and have had varied answers. If I do need to get an adult licence, as I will turn 16 in the licence year could I get a junior licence up until my birthday and then not fish for the remaining two months?? Or just get the adult licence for the whole year? I am very confused on this subject... I've asked around with people I know fish and have had varied answers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

Dear all,

I am 15 at the moment, birthday in january, and obviously need to get a new licence soon. So at the moment am unsure what licence to get. What I need to know is what age does the junior licence go up to? Is it 16 or 18? Becuase I have asked others I know and have had varied answers. If I do need to get an adult licence, as I will turn 16 in the licence year could I get a junior licence up until my birthday and then not fish for the remaining two months?? I am very confused on this subject... I've asked around with people I know fish and have had varied answers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

That's a decent question actually - I just look at the EA website and can't find the answer. I think if you're between 12 and 16 inclusive you only need a junior licence, then from 17 onwards it's the full whack. I could be wrong though...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know you dont need one till your 12 years of age but Im not sure when the "Adult" licence is required ie 16 or 18. Drop an Email to this address if no one can answer for sure on here-

enquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

That's a decent question actually - I just look at the EA website and can't find the answer. I think if you're between 12 and 16 inclusive you only need a junior licence, then from 17 onwards it's the full whack. I could be wrong though...

Yer I cant find it on the 'Environment Agency' website, I have been wondering this for a long time and now that it is time for me to get a new one then I thought I'd ask.

Thanks Anderoo for your helpfull response.

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

But 12 to 16 is more than a little ambiguous. Does it cut off at 16 or extend through to then end of his 16th year?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

But 12 to 16 is more than a little ambiguous. Does it cut off at 16 or extend through to then end of his 16th year?

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I will leave this post for a few days and if then\ \i havent been given a clear answer then I will email the environment agency and ask them for the answer.

Any further replies helping with my problem will be greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines,

Dan.

I think you will find it is your age at the time of purchase that matters. You are asked your current age on the form, not your age next birthday.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It's as clear as a carp puddle, but my interpretaion of the rule is that you can fish with a junior licence until the day you are 17, when you will need a full licence

Oh ok thanks. So I should just fish with my 'new' junior licence for the whole of next season and then get a new full adult licence for the next season.

Many thanks, and if anyone can show me on a website where they found out the info that would be great thanks.

Dan.