feeder rod 4 bream?

deany2

can any one suggest a good feeder rod for bream thanks

Hi,

For my tenpenny worth - Abu Conolon Premier feeder 11.8 ft / 13ft

Had this for a while now - 2 years - (and its sister match and method rod)- Originally they retailed at around 130 quid??

WMAC do it on special offer at around 60 quid. Absolutley superb rob for bream of all sizes - have used it for skimmers right through to 40g feeders on wiers for bream in the 5-7lb class (and they pull back a bit, I can tell you...). Used to use a Shimano Technium multi length feeder in a similar vein. IMHO, the Abu is better in terms of strength and action, and has a really confortable reel seat - a bit wierd looking when you first see it, but a real joy to use.

A.

If you're after a serious rod for Bream fishing there are only 3 to choose from in my opinion:

Normark No1 or No 2 quiver. Most Normark feeder rods will be fine as they are so soft in the tip and have the perfect action.

Preston Carbonactive feeder. They have great actions as well.

Tri-Cast trophy or similar. Perhaps the perfect bream rod. A lot of Bream anglers oop north use Tri-Cast rods almost exclusively and with good reason. Once you use one you'll never go back.

James

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

• 2 months later...
TRI-CAST 4BY4 OR I USE MAVER REACTOLITE MEEDIUM FEEDER ITS ALL DOWN TO WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY

there is only one rod out there for you to even consider, i have had the lot, normark - lacks in length 13 ft too powerful, new normarks not enough softness in blank 13 ft locks up, daiwa 11/13 too stiff in the top section for skimmers, etc etc. i moved on to the best CARBOTECS you can still get them but v expensive you have a rod for life because nothing can better it, the rod in it self in the top 2 sections is the same, there are 6 tips on offer for bream tips 2-4 for are best tip 6 is a method tip/ river tip with larger eyes, i have personally landed double figure barbel on the far bank of the trent using 8lb line and had no problems with either lock ups or flat spots, maybe not the best rod to use in floods but hey you cant have it all. you have evrytrhing here. the only differecne is the buts length, ie 11, 12 and 13 ft. the top 2 sections and the tips are the same. like i say the only difference is the butts.

expensive as they are you will not need another rod.........

there is only one rod out there for you to even consider, i have had the lot, normark - lacks in length 13 ft too powerful, new normarks not enough softness in blank 13 ft locks up, daiwa 11/13 too stiff in the top section for skimmers, etc etc. i moved on to the best CARBOTECS you can still get them but v expensive you have a rod for life because nothing can better it, the rod in it self in the top 2 sections is the same, there are 6 tips on offer for bream tips 2-4 for are best tip 6 is a method tip/ river tip with larger eyes, i have personally landed double figure barbel on the far bank of the trent using 8lb line and had no problems with either lock ups or flat spots, maybe not the best rod to use in floods but hey you cant have it all. you have evrytrhing here. the only differecne is the buts length, ie 11, 12 and 13 ft. the top 2 sections and the tips are the same. like i say the only difference is the butts.

expensive as they are you will not need another rod.........

It might be a rod for life Johnny but you'll be paying it off for the rest of your life if you buy one!!! 2nd hand Carbotec rods go for over £400 and that's an unbelievable amount of money. If you've got that sort of money then you pays yer money you takes yer choice, but I don't believe you need to spend that amount to have a top quality rod for life.

I'd also add either the older Daiwa Connoisseur or any Tom Pickering feeder rod by Daiwa, especially the 11-13SW models. Perfect feeder rods for Bream.

Regards

James

I use a 12' 6" Preston Carbon Active Sentient and can honestly say it's the best rod I've ever owned. They do say that the 11' is the perfect bream rod but I find that the extra length makes it a bit more versatile. You can get them for £159 from Chapmans online.

I use a 12' 6" Preston Carbon Active Sentient and can honestly say it's the best rod I've ever owned. They do say that the 11' is the perfect bream rod but I find that the extra length makes it a bit more versatile. You can get them for £159 from Chapmans online.

It's no surprise that Tom Pickering designed these rods for Preston as well as the Daiwa ones Draven. One of the best Bream anglers ever.

You can't go wrong with any of the Preston rods IMHO.

James

• 3 years later...