middy white knuckle pole

rmh

i am thinking of buying the new middy 6m white knuckle pole but i am unsure whether i can use it for silvers. please could someone advise.

Also is the middy hi viz 6-10 elastic suitible for fishing for silvers

Hi and welcome.

I'm moving this to the coarse section since more members look there and you will get more answers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i am thinking of buying the new middy 6m white knuckle pole but i am unsure whether i can use it for silvers. please could someone advise.

Sounds a little heavy to me! How big are the silvers? Does it come with a spare top section?

Rich

Sounds a little heavy to me! How big are the silvers? Does it come with a spare top section?

Rich

Thanks for the reply

i like to fish for roach and perch. they are normally about 1lb.

the link below explains stuff about the pole top sections and elastic. i found it hard to explain so this website explains all

middy white knuckle pole

Cheers

ryan

Let me know if you do. I was planning to order one this weekend.

Tony

This pole is for carp i the margis called hit and hold method!! it is a pole made for big elastics!! I use the middy hi viz and I use the 6-8 match grade (blue) for silvers, top stuff, i use it in conjuction with pulla bung though incase i hook a big carp. I would recommend a whip if u want a short pole to use for silvers!! or save up a bit more and get a 12.5 or 14 metre pole!! hope this helps!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

This pole is for carp i the margis called hit and hold method!! it is a pole made for big elastics!! I use the middy hi viz and I use the 6-8 match grade (blue) for silvers, top stuff, i use it in conjuction with pulla bung though incase i hook a big carp. I would recommend a whip if u want a short pole to use for silvers!! or save up a bit more and get a 12.5 or 14 metre pole!! hope this helps!!

Is there a significant difference between a whip and a margin pole ?

Most whips seen to come with an elasticated top section and rating of anywhere from 10 - 20.

I've had small carp and large perch out on a Middy Power Whip Kit that comes with 2 top sections.

Whats interesting about White Knuckle to me is that its take-a-part rather that telescopic.

Tony

[/quot

can you recomend an elasticated whip to use for silvers in the region of £20 to £40

a 5m whip would be good

cheers

ryan

• 1 month later...

So I eventually got of the fence and ordered a Middy White Knuckle Pole and used it for the first time yesterday. I think its pretty good and worth considering if you previously used the Middy Power Carp Starter Whip. It actually feels lighter that the MPCSW even through its 1/2m longer. The lighter elastic looks slightly thinner than that of the lighter elastic that comes with MPCSW which I think would make it pretty good for silvers.

Because its take-a-part you'll want to think about how to handle the sections as you ship back to avoid damaging them. Whether this means a pole roost and stopper bungs I don't know yet.

I think this is a pretty god margin pole if you're on a budget and don't mind fishing the margins.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

So I eventually got of the fence and ordered a Middy White Knuckle Pole and used it for the first time yesterday. I think its pretty good and worth considering if you previously used the Middy Power Carp Starter Whip. It actually feels lighter that the MPCSW even through its 1/2m longer. The lighter elastic looks slightly thinner than that of the lighter elastic that comes with MPCSW which I think would make it pretty good for silvers.

Because its take-a-part you'll want to think about how to handle the sections as you ship back to avoid damaging them. Whether this means a pole roost and stopper bungs I don't know yet.

I think this is a pretty god margin pole if you're on a budget and don't mind fishing the margins.

what sort of fish did catch using the pole

cheers

Ryan