New lady here

Jobrian

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all and thank you for the welcomes :D

l am fairly new to fishing and looking for good mixed lakes but I love carp ;)

Any advice please?

When weather improves will be looking for lakes where I am able to 'camp out'..... maybe for the weekend :)

Also looking for fishing holidays that are not miles away.... any help would be greatfully appreciated :clap:

Regards to you all

:sun:

Welcome Jobrian... Essex boy myself... although now residing in Palm Springs Ca. Used to fish Hanaught Forest in Essex quite a bit but now sure what goes on there now. You'll love the forum... just joined myself and everyone has made me very welcome. Let me know how it goes... I will be returning to the Home land soon and will need to know of some good lakes.

Good luck

God Bless

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

Hi all and thank you for the welcomes :D

l am fairly new to fishing and looking for good mixed lakes but I love carp ;)

Any advice please?

When weather improves will be looking for lakes where I am able to 'camp out'..... maybe for the weekend :)

Also looking for fishing holidays that are not miles away.... any help would be greatfully appreciated :clap:

Regards to you all

Well as much as I hate to recomend it, as it's so expensive, Mill Barn in Great Wakering is probably the easiest carp fishing in the area, all of the lakes hold loads of carp, I used to like fishing the "back" of the Island in lake "E", plenty of carp close in on float tackle there, and less kids around as well as they were all casting to the middle of the lake from the other side :)

on the minus side, it was £10 a day when I fished there a couple of years ago, not sure if it's gone up again since then!

http://www.bandtc.co.uk/index.php?page=millbarnlake

Another easy lake is the Match Lake at the Warren is Stanford le Hope, no carp, but great tench fishing, and the website says it's had more bream and roach added this year. Square lake here holds a lot of carp, but I've only ever fished it once, so can't comment on how hard that one is!

http://www.shellangling.com/

If you are going to fish regularly, and want to night fish, then IMHO a club book is a much better bet than paying day tickets, club waters tend to have fences and secure parking as well!

Couple of good fairly local clubs are

http://www.bdac.co.uk/

http://www.chelmsfordaa.co.uk/

Both have nice secure waters, and allow night fishing on several of them (I'm a member of BDAC)

Hope that helps

Mat

Mat

Hi all :)

Rob J....... many thanks..... have you fished at all in palm springs? :)

Nomad Paul... oh yes! lol ladys30..... I think I scared him away lol ..... what do you think :lol:

Mat.... many thanks for all the info... I shall be looking at the links when I have finished

this post.... thank you once again ;):D

Happy Easter to you all

Hi Jobrian...

Palm Springs is located in the Mojave Desert... I am within 3 hours of some of the best Largemouth Bass fishing in the country. I choose to fish for Bluegills (Sun fish) They are similar to Bream but much prettier, have a spinal dorsal fin like a Perch and pound for pound probably one of the finest fighting fish in the world. Fun to catch on lite tackle. Lake Perris where I fish is only 45 minutes from my home. I have spent many years learning the lake and it's finally paying off.

When I learn how to I will post some pictures of the fish I catch, so you can compare them to the species available in England. Good luck again... fishing is a wonderful sport and you meet so many nice people...

God Bless

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!