air pistol or rifle

hi has anyone got either a pistol or 22 for just shooting rodents (doesnt have to be an expensive piece of kit) that they would like to sell. PM

Also i have been quite interested in the steel headed 22 pellets with the plastic coats and just wundering if anyone has or nows of a cheap place to purchase these as around my spot the shops sell them at around a tenna a tin :D

Thanks

hi has anyone got either a pistol or 22 for just shooting rodents (doesnt have to be an expensive piece of kit) that they would like to sell. PM

Also i have been quite interested in the steel headed 22 pellets with the plastic coats and just wundering if anyone has or nows of a cheap place to purchase these as around my spot the shops sell them at around a tenna a tin :D

Thanks

Adam, Theres a PM winging its way to you mate..:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Thanks

:clap2: You must mean the Prometheus pellets, I've got a few in case the rats and squirrels start wearing flack jackets. :D

But in reality if you have to start using those little buggers then your weapon is underpowered anyway. Blimey! If I can drop a rabbit at 35/40 yards ANYONE can!! It is ALL down to practice!! It's like Fishing, the more you do it the better you get!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks

look you realy dont need a silly pellet lke that why you ask

1.it will leacv a layer of plastick in the barrel

2. if the gun is of any decent power the steel bit will shoot out and you wont hit cows arse at 5 yards

3. their ability to mushroom and deform is nill

ohh and its ilegle to shoot live quarry with air pistols by the way

get a nice littel b2 and some acupels and you will be killing them at 30-40 yards

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

look you realy dont need a silly pellet lke that why you ask

1.it will leacv a layer of plastick in the barrel

2. if the gun is of any decent power the steel bit will shoot out and you wont hit cows arse at 5 yards

3. their ability to mushroom and deform is nill

ohh and its ilegle to shoot live quarry with air pistols by the way

get a nice littel b2 and some acupels and you will be killing them at 30-40 yards

:clap2: Faults with Prometheus pellets; 1, they are lighter than lead so don't have the knock down power. 2, they don't mushroom so expend less energy in the target and sometimes pass straight through. Plus signs, they are impressive on tin cans as they go right through. That's it, 1 for, 2 against. I never use them on live targets. :D

what you want is a couple of old style traps ie snap traps like mouse traps but bigger and more powerful bait with peanut butter or chocolate

don't for get to peg the traps to something heavy

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Thanks

As already stated, it is illegal to shoot live quarry with an air pistol, and to be honest you'd probably never hit the blighters.

We have a load of pretty good .22 air rifles at the club which are both accurate and powerful so look around for something on the web would be my advise. I think these would be around 200 quid but I can find out more details if you're interested ?

Rob.