Trip on Chieftain

jaffa6938

Might have alook at that, as by then most of the pheasants are in the pens ready to go..August time,think the other Graham may come aswell,not seen him today but picked some crabs up from him and his mother seems ok...can't wait to go wrecking again as we have had a crap year here with parents been ill etc....lost a good Springer yesterday with cancer,so it's another dog to sort..I would like to see you all again...if my Gaffer is going aswell...off to Tenerife next week for 15 days so that will make a change..then its back putting chicks in sheds...as from next friday we have 3000 cihicks hatching ever week for about 10 weeks ..then I am clear for the rest of the year...so I may get some with you Carl later on..I spoke to Ivan and he off this weekend to Norway..have you seen the Prof'Micheal' on any trips.

Not yet Graham , so you have a good memory too?? He still owes me the cigs he cadged. An old sea-dog with forty years sailing behind him still good for a bit of ground baiting in rough weather , eh?

To be fair though , it was a bit snotty coming back in on the trip in question.

If you're reading this professor Michael.............a 20 packet of benson & hedges gold will cover it. :D

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a 46 hour trip with the boat........i'm knackered!!!

The fishing was a hit from the word 'GO' with cod jumping aboard (4 a time in places). At a guess , somewhere in the region of 50-60 stone of fillets were taken home by 7 anglers.

Sorry for the lack of pics , but the fishing AND filleting was a bit hectic at times!!!

100_1561.jpg

100_1566.jpg

An offshore gas rig.......129 miles off Whitby.

100_1563.jpg

And finally , one of Joyce ,,,,,,,,,gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!

100_1565.jpg

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge
Just got back from a 46 hour trip with the boat........i'm knackered!!!

The fishing was a hit from the word 'GO' with cod jumping aboard (4 a time in places). At a guess , somewhere in the region of 50-60 stone of fillets were taken home by 7 anglers.

Sorry for the lack of pics , but the fishing AND filleting was a bit hectic at times!!!

100_1561.jpg

100_1566.jpg

An offshore gas rig.......129 miles off Whitby.

100_1563.jpg

And finally , one of Joyce ,,,,,,,,,gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!

100_1565.jpg

Nice one old salt. Looks as if the fishing 15 mins away from the pier ends isn’t second to none on the north east coast after all.

Regards.

how many fishing hours was that? Good to see someone actually got out on her, with all the weather cancellations!

Nearly 13 hours fishing altogether. :)

Unfortunately not Clem. As already said , i was that busy fishing and filleting that i didn't have much chance to fart let alone grab the camera.

I'll send Joyce an e-mail , she may have some for me. I'll keep you posted.

Unfortunately not Clem. As already said , i was that busy fishing and filleting that i didn't have much chance to fart let alone grab the camera.

I'll send Joyce an e-mail , she may have some for me. I'll keep you posted.

Nice one Mr M

At long last a report from the boat hopefully more to come and a good days fishing too boot

dont know whats happened to the reports on the web site but nothing at all has been posted

Just wish they could keep this section regularly updated

Who knowes it just might drum up some more business for the skipper and co owners

I've just had a word with George and i'm booked on a 70 hour with thwm , this coming monday.

Camera will be at the ready but , if it's as hectic as the 46 hour trip last monday then there might not be many 'action' pics. I'll do my best........

Carl

I've just had a word with George and i'm booked on a 70 hour with thwm , this coming monday.

Camera will be at the ready but , if it's as hectic as the 46 hour trip last monday then there might not be many 'action' pics. I'll do my best........

Carl

Howd it go Mr Motorola just itching to get some info on the fishing on board

Any news would be much appreciated