South Devon Launch sites

McCowen

Can anyone in South Devon give me any good launch sites. There are two of us thinking traveling from the North of the county to try the South coast. Also what the best target species would be in that area.

Thanks

Nigel McCowen-Smith

Barnstaple

Devon

Tarpon 160i Angler Wilderness (Red)

Bic TOBAGO (yellow)

Hi Chaz,

Good to hear from you.

Could do South Cornwall, bit more of a drive but not to bad if we go over the moor to Plymouth.

Can you join us Chaz?

Nigel

Nigel McCowen-Smith

Barnstaple

Devon

Tarpon 160i Angler Wilderness (Red)

Bic TOBAGO (yellow)

hi

try teingnmouth, fishing will be a bit poor this early in the season but you get an easy launch off the spit from the main car park with a chance of an early bass, pollock or a doggie off the ness

if you dont fancy that a few of us are going out of meadfoot, between teingmouth and torquay on the 6th with the chance of wrasse, bass, whiting, dogs, pollock and a few minor species.

easy launch straight from the road, free parking if you get there early enougth

yes we did, I have been down there several times now as well as caerhayes , just around the corner.

haven't failed to catch so must be a good area for me. We'll have to meet up again sometime.

by the way, are you still wearing the same scalp protection or got yourself a proper hat yet? :D

Cheers,

Chaz

Can anyone in South Devon give me any good launch sites. There are two of us thinking traveling from the North of the county to try the South coast. Also what the best target species would be in that area.

Thanks

Exmouth...Orcombe point.......sandy beach, easy launch and landing.... bass, mackeral, pollock conger doggies

Budliegh...otter end...............pebbles, can be steep, ............................bass wrasse pollock, makeral doggies

seaton................................. pebbles....easy......................................." " " " " " " " " "

yes we did, I have been down there several times now as well as caerhayes , just around the corner.

haven't failed to catch so must be a good area for me. We'll have to meet up again sometime.

by the way, are you still wearing the same scalp protection or got yourself a proper hat yet? :D

Cheers,

Chaz

lol no the wigs got a bad case of sea lice :doh:

Exmouth...Orcombe point.......sandy beach, easy launch and landing.... bass, mackeral, pollock conger doggies

Budliegh...otter end...............pebbles, can be steep, ............................bass wrasse pollock, makeral doggies

seaton................................. pebbles....easy......................................." " " " " " " " " "

none of those are south devon though.

east devon all of them.