smoked mackerel

Zigs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are they for sale cos you lot are making me feel peckish!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

sorry newt, missed out the oak chippings & smoke bit, you will be pleased to hear i have an american "little Chief" smoker, it works very well.

sorry snatcher, cant sell me fish as i am nfsa member, but you are welcome to have some if you're down this neck o the woods (would post you one but that could be interpreted as some biological attack by the authorities)

i was going to get one of those, whats it like?

i've got a big cold smoker now, its good most of the time, but not %100 reliable. actually the smokers probably fine, its me thats not reliable.

it good but you need to give the chippings a bit of a burn a few times thru the smoking, great fun trying to blow them out again ! they will do about 30 fillets a load or a hundred or so sprats.

caught 27lb of sprats off the pier, took 3 days to smoke em, packed em in jars of sunflower oil & put em in very low oven for 1 hour before sealing, delicious ( appologies to snatchers appetite )

wots a cold smoker?

cold smoking is when no heat at all gets to whatever youre smoking, its the way to do it if you want to preserve food, and it gives a different flavour to hot smoking.