My mono is kinking - help

Snatcher

My experience is that the pen and wife system works pretty well ....

I'm not a believer in the coil off the the spool method ......

braid may be different?

You cannot avoid line twist with a F/S.

The classic example is the Aussie Alvey system, when you reverse the wind-in each time.

The various Daiwa/Abba/Shimano 'spin-doctors' devices only work to a certain degree ....

I'm afraid I'm a 'multi' fan,

till I go float fishing and spinning.

Salar,

it is interesting as the recommended way for filling fs reels was to hold the spool static as you describe. However when the powerrollers came out the specific instructions (I upgraded my baitrunners) where to switch to the rotating spool method.

I apply these rules accordingly in terms of what reel I am spooling and have not had any problems.

Overfilling is definately a candidate.

I have to agree with Norman B.

Holding the line spool in place with a pen or whatever is a non-starter for any line with a f/s reel!! The line is loaded onto a f/s reel at 90 degrees. Not, in a straight line. Which in itself will cause line twisting.

I`ve never had any trouble with line twisting with the old fashioned spool of line dancing on the floor (one of the effects of line twist) whilst keeping the line hard against the rod with my thumb. Pretty basic I know.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!