Alternative Floating Dog Biscuits

AddictedToScopex

How do you fish those Brian?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Rick, nip over to bamfords in eccleston and get yourself a sack of working dog nuts....there's no vat on working dog food :victory: .

Cheapest place for halibut pellets n'all .

That sounds like it would be spot on. Ive stocked up a little on pellet recently but once that has gone I will bob down. Think I paid £24 for 10kg of halibut the last time I got a sack. Not sure what Bamfords would charge.

We ended up getting some cheap biscuits from Morrisons this time. Wasnt sure if they would float or not but they did. On the day though we fished both bisuits and bread and the bread significantly outfished the biscuits even with the baits side by side. I used a pellet band to attach some crust so as to leave the hook hanging below the surface and it worked a treat.

Hi guys,

So it seems my nephew is now into fishing good and proper. The other week we did some surface fishing for carp using floating dog biscuits and he quite enjoyed it. We used pedigree chum original mixers that I had sourced from ebay but they weren't cheap and I can't seem to find them in any shops. Does anybody know any other brands that will do the job and be cheaper than the robbers on ebay?

Cheers

Cat Biscuits are very good - The Purina "Go Cat" ones that is, & Maybe others as well?? They're a £ a box.

A lot of these are are FISH SHAPED among other shapes in the box. The "wrist" in the middle keeps them on the "Bait Band".

The "Whiskers Temptations" (Cat Treats) are also very good!!

Much cheaper than the Pedigree Mixer type.

I'm not really a floating bait fan,but, when when I've tried these - they DO WORK very well!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

You'll need a smaller band maybe for these, being for cats.

Unless you're using Super Glue!!

Hope this helps.

The Supermarket provides cheaper solutions IMHO.

You'll get 2 or more sessions for a quid That's for a small 340g box!!

Can get in large 1 kg boxes also for not much more!!

The "Go Cat" Biscuits also vary in Colour.

Green, Beige & Brown.

Another dimension with which to keep them Interested.??

Edited by Martin56

I'd be Interested to know if "Biscuits" are effective as a "POP UP" bait on the "Method Feeder" - maybe where "Floating Baits" are banned??

I think they'd work very well on a 4" to 15" (inch) Hook length on "Method Feeder"??

Floating baits bans - per say, only apply to fishing on the surface!!

Fishery Match Rules are very often circumvented by fishing merely an Inch below!!