A nice day out

AddictedToScopex

Hi all,

Well Saturday was a fun day as my daughter decided that she wanted to go fishing again. She wanted to catch 'mr perch' and 'mr sneaky pike'. She calls them mr sneaky pike now as last time we went we caught perch but no pike. She loves fishing already but wanted to bring her pink pond dipping net and I had to say yes :)

We had a great day throwing the lures around catching mainly perch and this one tiny pike. My sister in law also hooked two good pike but sadly lost them both. They would have certainly have been a pb for her as we saw them at the top of the water just before they came off. Inexperience sadly but then you could also argue I could teach her better :)

This tiny pike took a 1" shad on a jig head. We were quite surprised. We also saw another small pike earlier on that had a go at the lure as I lowered it in front of it but it didnt hook. Great to see them in there as at least the future looks bright for the lure fishing on there. Not so much for the other fish if the pike all grow to maturity ;)

It has turned out to be a great stretch since I was introduced to it (not saying any names) and I have spent many a good hour on there with some good results including the bream and roach I have posted below. I plan to stay into canal fishing as it can turn up some real surprises and has that element of mystery for me. I have been prebaiting a secret area with the hopes of pulling the big bream and tench in. Fingers crossed!

2nk5jyd.jpg

wld3fd.jpg

sxncwn.jpg

2vbuh6e.jpg

6puul2.jpg

• Like 1

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Looks like you all had a very enjoyable day.

Nice report

NB: Hope you get a few megabytes (oops I meant mega bites) in your prebaited secret area Lol.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Looks like you all had a very enjoyable day.

Nice report

NB: Hope you get a few megabytes (oops I meant mega bites) in your prebaited secret area Lol.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Fingers crossed. :)

There are quite a lot of bream on there Rick but if you go further up above the other loch's you'll get more ;) . There's quite a lot of the silver bream n'all.

Hi Ian,

I think I know where you mean but I do like how quiet this bit is and that is what keeps me going back. I would think the other bit will be a lot more busy boats wise and walkers too. I did have a look a lot further up last year but it didn't seem to float my boat. I quite like the idea of seeing how big I can get them here too lol. I do like a challenge. :)

You could be right John. I expect they will hybridise in there. It did put up a scrap too which surprised me so that may further support the idea.

Ian,

Yeah I expect winter will be a good time to get down there. Not sure how much luck I would have for bream in winter though as it is not something I have done much of, would they be feeding? Feel free to drop me a pm with any advice or spots ;)