Shocking?

*Ant*

Is that St. Mary’s Ant? I ask because they did exactly the same to my Mum who was waiting to see the Cardiologist, I did the same as you and paid, shortly after her appointment I got his bill and paid it, a week or so after that I also got an invoice for the use of the consultation room and for the ‘hire’ of the Nurse who was waiting on him BUT, they did say she could get free parking but has a blue badge anyway.

Yes bud it is St. Mary's. Shocked that they also billed you for the hire of the room and nurse as well :o

I may be a soppy idealist, but I struggle to understand why if they have a spare window in their schedule they can't fit people in.

Edited by *Ant*

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Mother also had to wait over three months to see the ‘Pain Clinic’, got her there about ten mins before appointment time, waited, waited after 45 mins receptionist came out and said there would be even more delay as something had cropped up, ten mins after that a chap comes walking in, his hands are handcuffed and a second set of cuffs have him handcuffed to a Prison Officer, another P.O. was on his other side. That means he is a lifer or high risk prisoner, he walks straight into the Consultation Room, another hour delay and my 94 year old Mum finally gets in. It seems that St. Mary’s are also paid a retainer by Home Office and that Prisoners have priority over everyone else, so don’t complain too much about having to pay for your Dad, you’re also paying for scum.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Mother also had to wait over three months to see the ‘Pain Clinic’, got her there about ten mins before appointment time, waited, waited after 45 mins receptionist came out and said there would be even more delay as something had cropped up, ten mins after that a chap comes walking in, his hands are handcuffed and a second set of cuffs have him handcuffed to a Prison Officer, another P.O. was on his other side. That means he is a lifer or high risk prisoner, he walks straight into the Consultation Room, another hour delay and my 94 year old Mum finally gets in. It seems that St. Mary’s are also paid a retainer by Home Office and that Prisoners have priority over everyone else, so don’t complain too much about having to pay for your Dad, you’re also paying for scum.

It's a twisted world we live in, one can't help but become cynical. I always found it quite amusing in a dark sense that I heard many islanders refer to St Mary's as St Scary's :o But anyway I do sincerely hope your mum is ok, it's never nice to know someone is going through medical hardships.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

St. Mary’s, I refer to it as the dead centre of the Island and I don’t mean geographically!

Hope your Dad gets through his ordeal as well Ant. Best wishes to him.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."