Test cricket...

Whitty

2 hours ago, Whitty said:

I have no doubt the lady knows her cricket,but she played womens cricket,not mens and until the game is mixed sex she knows nothing about facing a 90mph fast bowler,or catching a ball off of one...

The fastest woman bowler, Lea Tahuhu has been clocked at just short of 80MPH. Do you think copping one of them would be fun? This site is turning into fuddy duddy central.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I used to play Cricket at school boy level & I often foxed some of our best batsmen with my slow bowling, straight at the wicket!!

The ball often "Grubbed" under the bat, hitting the wickets low.

Never much of a Sportsman though - More a "Billy Casper" from KES!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

9 hours ago, Whitty said:

I have no doubt the lady knows her cricket,but she played womens cricket,not mens and until the game is mixed sex she knows nothing about facing a 90mph fast bowler,or catching a ball off of one...

I just don't understand exactly what you're ranting about??? Are you saying that women have no business commentating on any men's game?

I dont thonk I said that,but they certainly do not have the knowledge of say Alistair Cook who faced every top fast and spin bowler of our era,also rant,not really,just a preference for people who played the game they are covering,of which there is only a semblance of similarity,mainly the name,lol...

20 hours ago, Whitty said:

I dont thonk I said that,but they certainly do not have the knowledge of say Alistair Cook who faced every top fast and spin bowler of our era,also rant,not really,just a preference for people who played the game they are covering,of which there is only a semblance of similarity,mainly the name,lol...

You still aren't making any sense! If you take away all the commentators who haven't faced all the fast bowlers there would be precious few left, and what percentage of the role of the commentator do you think is describing what it's like to face a fast bowler?

I started on this epic by saying how refreshing it is to have a commentator who not only has a fantastic knowledge of the game but is willing to pass on some of that knowledge to those of us that not only welcomes the information but finds the game more interesting because of it.