Dog biscuit recommendation?

chrisjpainter

Pedigree chum mixers used to contain a certain amount of gelatine* and we used to dip them in some water for about a minute or so then drain them and leave them overnight to soak up any water that was left on them; and overnight they turned into a milky brownish jelly like bait which still floated well; we used to catch lots of Tench, Bream and Carp on these hook mounted pale coloured jelly baits suspended at various depths from just off the bottom right up to the surface; and the fish loved them.

Although we had to make sure that we cast a little more carefully as they weren’t quite as resilient to being cast too violently as normal untreated mixers are.

I suspect that they might have modified their ingredients now but I’m not 100% sure.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Strange Keith,I used to use Tesco mixers,purely because they were hookable,just,and I found that when you soaked chum mixers then added a hook you got a lot of aborted takes,so using dry biscuits on a 14/12 hook gave more hookups,regular changes were necessary,these days I use a band and still find the more water the pellet takes on,the less takes you get...

I use bread attatched via a hair rigged band.  You can cast it quite hard and it doesn't come off.

Also, it swells up and disguises the hook.

I sometimes use half a slice!

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 2