PHEW (this post may save you money

chesters1

Since a certain crew at the uni devised a method of stealing credit card details (perfectly legal research) i first stated wrapping my cards in tin foil which defeated the tech of the time (it caught the data stream in the chip which it uses to connect to recievers in card doodas in shops etc),after that i graduated to a home made foil covered sleeve that wasnt so eyecatching as removing foil wrapped round your card .

Taking money isnt new skimming is old hat but easy to pin down if you keep an eye on your app! My sister had money taken at a local petrol station .Using RFID is completely safe !

Then a graphite coated commercial version .Then RFID / NFC safe wallets become cheap enough to buy but i have always wondered  how they work there is no obvious rustle of foil so i guess its a graphite cloth or perhaps nothing at all (how could you know withough cutting one up? ) so i thought i would up the tech to a RFID defeating card which on having a snooping RFID / NFC signal near it sends out another to baffle it .

Now before i post the vid even if you can clone the card you need the pin number which isnt that hard to get by crims standing nearbye but the biggest problem is non contact cards that are handed out willy nilly by banks insisting they are safe ! Losing up to £100 ?and rarely challenged you could walk down the street collecting lots of filthy lucre and safely your card doesnt vibrate when its using its chip to hand out cash. Then theres the ID chestnut its not hard to print cards every school and collage probably has their own by now and cheap enough for crims to buy and they know doubt will be able to make a very good copy that would fool most if ID cards were mandatory and you were mandated to carry them a crim could harvest all the data and knowing the crap tech the authourities use half the time the mobile scanners wont connect back and produce a picture of the holder (A copper tried it with my driving licence and failed 🙄).NOW you can look at the vid and see how easy it is to grab all your details from ANYTHING start your car open your electric safe all they have to do is get close enough to fool your card into handing it all over . But PHEW in the case of the RFID defeating cards they work👍 at the moment 🥴

In another vid involving a hacker he knows they bought a device from china for $1.80 programmed it put it in a box and sent it to a company .The clever bit was it made it look like it was a free wifi service so the staff thought it was provided by the company and imput their names and passwords which the card kept in memory and used the companies wifi to send back to the hacker ,it sat in the mailroom for a few days collecting data before innocently being returned to sender (prob a po box?)as the recipient at the company couldnt be found , one is doing it weeks later!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

But the Hotel's Safe Insurance covers it?? (the Hotel normally charges for the loan of the safe for the the extent of one's Holiday!!)

The Safe is owned by a different company from the Hotel - Hence the separate charges!! 

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I remember our holiday in france the key for the safe didnt work ,a chambermaid opened it with a bit of stiff wire through a hole in the side ,i looked at the safe in our kids room and one was there aswell 🤬 i suspect they all had them !

I did see a youtube vid someone opening a modern digital safe by merely dropping it on a bed ,safes aint that safe😢

How would the insurance company know what was in the safe so as to insure the contents ? Well unless the chambermaid told them when you were out down the beach 😉

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

Tee hee i forgot to mention i tried to scan my bus pass with the RFI defeater in my palm ,the card wasnt seen ! Looks like they work