Snatcher drops in for a visit.

Hellbelly

G-day All. I do all my posting in the photo section but seeing as how Snatcher hangs out here a bit I'll post here too.

Well I finally had the chance to meet up with John, his wife Dorothy and Mother in-law Lillian on Monday. It was a real pleasure and he's just like I thought he would be, full of life and laughs. I took the day off work to give them a day trip down the coast.

It was supposed to be a sunny day after a cloudy start but it just wasnt to be. The sun hardly showed but it wasnt cold. I think it was 22 degrees so I guess thats mild for you lot hey! We had a couple of fishing rods and the camera's too so we'd be happy going either way.

After a couple of short stops we got down to Deep Creek Conservation Park. Here we thought we might have a short fish (didnt want to leave the ladies sitting around too long) and get some photo's. Well, the fish wernt around so it was out with the camera.

This is one of the many locals that were wondering what we were up to. I dont know if he's having a scratch down there or just telling John and myself to "get a load of this".

IMG_8257edit-at-800.jpg

This is the happy trio posing with a "Blackboy" (dont know its propper name but thats what they're called). Told you the sun wasnt out much.

IMG_8235-edit.jpg

After Deep Creek we headed off along the coast to a beautiful surf fishing beach. Time was starting to get away from us and I couldnt see any obvious schools of Australian Salmon so we took a photo and headed off.

IMG_8283edit-at-800.jpg

Next stop was a little seaside town called Goolwa. We drove down the beach about 6 or 7km to where the mighty Murray River meets the sea. I think they all liked the beach drive even if it was a little bumpy (ok, we all got thrown about a bit). When we got there we pulled out the spinning rods and cast out with 70g metal lures. Well, it was a fish per cast. The school must have been thick and Snatcher even managed to hook 2 of his 7 or 8 in the mouth :D .

Here's a shot or two from that spot. Snatcher hooked up. Mind you, these fish were just bait sized for the big Mulloway that come in after dark. They are Salmon trout and would have only been 20 to 30cm long. Their big brothers will test you though. They grow to 4kg with 5kg not all that uncommon.

IMG_8288croped-and-800.jpg

OK, so they're little but we were happy to be getting something.

IMG_8286edit-at-800.jpg

This was our mode of transport. My Toyota Hi-lux duel cab. I've only had this one a couple of month and was pleased with how it handled the sand. Snatcher is fishing in the background.

IMG_8295edit-at-800.jpg

Back off the beach and its time to head home. I carry a portable compressor to pump the tyres back up to road pressure (they get let down to about 14psi for the beach). Here's Snatcher giving me a hand with the tyres.

IMG_8305-at-800.jpg

All in all it was a great day. Great to catch up with them and I'd do it again in an instant. They're off to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock tomorrow for a couple of days then flying over to Queensland to relax at Port Douglas. Ohh how I'd love to be them right now.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

Thanks Mick!! Strange to see Snatch in just the ONE pic with a BEER in his hand though?? Must be the sun I reckon!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

LOL, I'm sure he would have liked to have a few more (as would I) but we were doing a fair bit of driving. Still, I caught up with him again the next day to drop off something left in the car and we had a couple of beers. A great bloke and funny to boot. He'd absolutely love our full on fishing trips. Lots of sun, lots for fun, lots of fish and lots of beer. Oh well, there's always next time.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

Thanks for being a great host Mick and giving us a great time :) Off to Port Douglas in a couple of hours and hope to get in loads of fishing there. Must dash cos my beer is getting warm!!!!!!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks for posting that, it was great to read. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Thanks for posting Hellbelly, lovely weather you are having there. Glad to see Snatcher and the family having a wonderful holiday in your great country.

Hi Tom,good to here from you :) Was out fishing at sunrise off a jetty here in Port Lincon. Caught some exotic thing with "spikes" about 3 lb,took a photo and put it back.Also got smashed up on 15lb mono off a big boy :huh:

Going back in the morning for another bash. Also got a reef fishing charter planned,coral trout are the main quarry I think.

Must dash the beer is getting warm again :whistling::drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy