Strange bait???

*Ant*

Hi all

ive been down hayling island a few times recently and so far have only caught two fish one of which had spines which took me by suprise(looked like a perch?)and caught a mackeral this morning at about 730am when i was reeling in so at least i didnt blank hehe(stupid fish) :D:rolleyes:

i was wondering if anyone has used octopus as 2day i picked up 1lb of baby octopus for a good price from a seafood seller at the market and was digging to see if its any good as a bait????

billy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer wreck cod off the South Coast are occasionally stuffed with baby cuttlefish (6cm approx)...... can't see baby octopusses being refused .....

the fish at Hayling Island was probably a small bream or a scad (horse mackerel).

H.A.:

Some mates of mine would never pass a dead rabbit or pheasant in the road when travelling to Southwold .....

HMS Dolphin (Pompei) has produced fish to 6lbs.

I also heard a few years ago of a 12lbs bass on a chicken leg from Pompei docks.

(Sorry, can't bring meself to say that word ...

naval City in Central Southern England).

Would that be "POMPEY" Tut, tut H.A. Now't wrong Wi' Portsmouth!! Better that than Guzz or ruddy Rosyth!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))