sea dead baits

bingbong

i have been given some small pouting to try as deadbait

does anyone have any experience of using these or whiting as dead bait for pike ?

if so with what result ?

<_<

I have tried whiting before but i never really had a lot of success. As i remember whiting dont really smell of much. But anything is worth a go. Failing that you could always make some fish cakes out of them

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Ive tried them all! and other than on really heavily fished waters (where just the novelty/new factor alone gets a pick up) I can 100% say that all of the non oily/smelly fish are rubbish!

But that said a trip to your local asian/african food hall will suply a wealth of unusual and effective deads.Most of these will be oily fleshed (just ask the fishmonger) or have a strong smell/flavour.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I think any fish is worth a crack. As log as the skin is tough when frozen, the fish is fresh-ish, doesn't mask the hooks, casts reasonably well and can be seen clearly, it's worth a go. I'd give most fish a try, even flatties.

I tried small pollack a few times and they caught alright. The only problem with them was the size of their gill flaps. When you reeled them in, the gills flapped open and it was trying to winch in a bucket of wet sand.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'd give most fish a try, even flatties.

Allthough Ive used them with good results for Tope Ive not tried them for Pike.

However I did turn up at one pike water to finfd several discarded Dabs in the margins so some one must have been using/trying them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i always used sardines but they seemed to have disappeared from frozen cabinets now :(

wobbled though any fish will get interest even pout

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson