Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing huge so far this year, but at least I'm getting a few!

[ 06. June 2005, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Boyd ]

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESP RAPTORS are a excelent hook, but i find them a tad heavy, i use drennan supers size 6 and 8s, kamersan also do a similer hook that works well.i find size 10s much to small as i like bigish flake baits.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

waymouthsean, if a mullet will eat it use it mate, just to get them to feed is half the thrill for me mate, gets the ol ticker thumping.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Hooks for mullet: Kamasan B980, size 10. The barbless version, for those who prefer them, is B981. Excellent hooks.

Most carp hooks are produced by Ashima, Kamasan, Tiemco etc. When they are re-branded the price, on average, trebles. Same happens when they are re-branded as barbel hooks. Well, someone's got to pay for the advertising hype....

Don't see the point (no pun intended) of using carp hooks for mullet - let's face it, hard fighters though mullet are, even a big mullet is a small fish...if you see what I mean.

Bread batches vary. Last year I used Tesco's own-brand best quality extra thick white sliced. It was excellent. I bought some recently, though, and it was rather crumbly. I've reverted to....can't think of the name of the brand (the one that Mel and Sue advertise on the TV) - again, extra thick white sliced. It seems OK.

Matt, You cant have spaces in the file name (unless you replace each space with %20 in the posting):

Posted Image

Hmmm! I don't think it likes . or , either!

TL - leon

[ 07. June 2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Well done Matt, its a syne of becomming a man catching your first mullet, i can remember my first mullet better than my first bunk up,,,,again well done mate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.