Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

Just spoke to Mike Channon a Weymouth mullet angler and apparently he weighed in a fish of 7lb 1 oz but lost a fish alot bigger lasy year. Mike just beat me last year for the mullet trophy but it was very close and needed that big fish to improve his total weight for the year.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS it looks, the mullet season has been under way for the last couple of weeks.

Lets hope it is a very productive season.

Had my very first last week and hope i can get a load more this season with me only living 5 mins.away from Sun Pier (Medway).

TL

Matt

Hia's All

Sean

I'm on 4.

Rather swop them all for one lunker.

Poss be out this coming weekend, depends on what the other half has planned. I have to "tread carefully" as I'm Tenching from midnight next Wednesday through to Sunday afternoon. And of course away for the long weekend in Weymouth in July, plus now has a weekend booked away fishing the upper Wensum in September. Jeeze I'm using up a lot of brownie points !!

Andrew Boyd

I fished sun pier wednesday from low to high tide i used rag and peeler,only caught one small bass on peeler and was plagued by pout all day,

me and a couple of others were mullet bashing for an hour or two around the high water but they didn't show,I think i will give it another go when the tide is high in the evening, this weekend.

Chamois.

Top of the tide is often not the best time for Sun Pier. Yes I know every tide can be different but in the main half way up or just after the turn works best for me, you just have to read what the water is doing around the flotation tanks. When it's runing out look for eddies that are trapping floating debris and fish within them. Oh and no stamping about, you can't help what the others on the pier are up to, but if they can avoid stepping on the metal plates between the floating sections then so much the better.

If the Swans are about this does not affect the Mullet, but wave a landing net about just to ensure they don't come to close to your line(s). Not a good image for anglers in general if you end up playing one of them.

Good luck.

Andrew Boyd

Still pretty poor down here.

I STILL haven't had my first fish this year after 5 or 6 sessions!

Went last night and my mate had a Bass of 2.5lb and another this morning the same size.

I've got a lad over from the UK next week so will fish Mon, Tues and Wed evenings - fingers crossed that we'll catch at least one mullet!!!