France

flattiefanatic

im also off to brittany, on saturday tho,aweek near st malo then a week near quimper. ive packed a carp rod 12 ilb line an 8 weight fly rod plus another small spinning rod hopefully ive covered everything that swims be it sea or coarse.

flattiefanatic:

Ah, but were you ledgering or float fishing?

Tried both, both worked but the bait had to be close to the bottom. I prefer watching a float but as the tide rose I had to be careful to adjust the depth. Float fishing mid water was catching mackeral and garfish for some other folk off piers, they were using tiny fish as bait.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Flattiefanatic- beaches are fished very heavily by nets, so probably not too much mileage in that, but there are lots of rocky areas, and islands to investigate with lures, or go for wrasse using usual tactics.

MickP- If you are off near to Quimper, just came back from that area, and found a wicked fishing shop in a place called Pont- L'Abbe. Its in the main square, and they are bass fishing mad! Their number is 02 98 87 17 71, and spoke good english, as well as being very helpful.

They have a whole aquarium full of white rag (or whitcat dependant on where you are from). I would use that over nearly any other bait

B.A.S.S. member

Had a fabulous holiday in St Marlo, the aquarium is brilliant, particularly the sharks. You stand in the middle, and they all swim around you, and they turn the lights up and down to simulate night and day.

Beaches are lovely in Brittany, and not crowded like here. Unfortunately, I didn't fish there!

• 1 year later...