What am I doing wrong

chris parker

chris parker:

Is it me, am I doing something wrong?

How many times do you see a request for wrecks/marks posts and how many replies do they have?

You might be helping more people than you think.

This topic http://www.anglingforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=189

has been viewed 99 times to date but has only got 3 replies.

This one has been viewed 15 times with no replies.

http://www.anglingforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=226

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.co.uk/FishList.htm

http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Hi Chris, thanks for the "cold call" on Sat it was much appreciated, and no doubt at some time soon I will take advantage of your offer :D

The problem with my website appears to have gone, you just need to do the clicky button thing at the top of the page. But there again you probably know all of those marks :D

^playing keepy uppy now^

Terry

[ 03. December 2002, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: tj2 ]

Jim, Mr R Jimmer????????

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

chris parker:

Is it me, am I doing something wrong?

Is there a problem with giving people marks? Is there some sort of forum etiquet that as a beginner I am not aware of?

Hi Chris, all,

You are doing nothing wrong and for the reasons already stated, secrecy bull is one of the many reasons that I stopped with Carp fishing although I must say that I had a lot of help from this site.

The only problem that I can see with sharing your knowledge is that it may get into the hands of netters or that you plan a trip and find other boats on your wreck :(

I would just love to take you up on your invitation especailly for the Bass fishing, I have still not had a decent Bass :mad: Nice boat, caravan in the garden, live sand eels and a family, what more could a man ask for in his life :)

Tommy, where do you live, it sounds ideal.

Niel, thanks for the kind words, I did'nt realise that anyone noticed that by "not knowing" the answer that it fired a few people up to use there computer skills to find links that would help as Jim did with the 2 excellent links posted on this topic.

I need a win on the lottery to take up all the invitations to fish all over the world that have been posted on here over the last few years :D

Tight lines to you all.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Alan your point about the netters is well taken, it is the reason I want people to get in touch rather than posting the marks.

Before I give a mark away I want to be sure that i am giving it to an angler. The netters probably dont need marks due to the length of the nets I have seen out there anyway.

Your comment about boats being on my wreck. If the boats are drifting a polite request to join in is not often refused and if it is or there are too many boats for comfort I move on to the next. I dont know about you but the sea seems an awfull big place when you are on your own, I welcome the company of other boats for selfish reasons, you never know when something may go wrong and you need some help, which is freely given.

Jim your post with links to Angling forums seems to be dead or at least I cannot get them to open, not much good with these technical cumputery thingys. Could you explain a bit further please?

Chris

Alan,

I live in a small village called Portaferry, at the tip of the Ards Peninsula in Northern Ireland. Most anglers will never have heard of it, yet it is world renowned for the number of wrecks in the area - by divers.

As I stated previously there is very little interest in angling in the area and shore fishing, apart from spinning for small pollock and coalfish is unheard of. I have yet to have a real stab at this myself due to lack of knowledge.

Boat fishing is qa joke due to the fact that the charter skippers in the area have no real knowledge of angling techniques apart from jigging with feathers. This is one of the reasons that a friend and I are anxious to get a boat for next year. At one point the Irish record conger was captured in the Irish Sea 4 miles from where I live as well as Tope to 60lb and common skate to over 200lb - alas there have been no cpatured skate for a long time due to a destruction of their habitat by nephrop fishermen. We are hoping some time in the future to try and establish if they have returned - I hope to contact Davy Holt if ever I get the chance to try this out.

Mike Thrussell fished from Portaferry once before and commented that the area had the potential to be one of the best in Europe. With a large slice of luck and a lot of hard graft I intend to find out if he was right.

Tommy

Tommy:

Alan,

Well Tommy, you have certainly come to the a good site for learning. I will go through my back copies of the sea fishing mags that I have, one of them has a series of articles on wreck fishing including GPS, anchoring etc, if you want me to that is :)

If you are really considering going for common skate, it is a idea to contact Davy for advice etc.

So many great sounding places to fish on this forum, reminds me of a very old song, "who wants to be a millionaire? I DO"

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

chris parker:

Jim your post with links to Angling forums seems to be dead or at least I cannot get them to open, not much good with these technical cumputery thingys. Could you explain a bit further please?

Chris

Seem to work OK for me!

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Alan,

Thanks for the offer of looking through the mags, however I don't think that it will be required just yet. As i said I have to gain access to a boat before I can progress any further.

Cheers.

Tommy