stop casting over my line!!!!!

christian kimber

What is it with sea fishermen?!! every time i go fishing these days to a popular mark the same thing happens.

I get myself all set up away from any anglers nearby so i can have some space to fish,and bang the leads out to the horizon.Eventually i might pick up a fish or two and the next bloody minute the air around me is full of lead flying out to where i'm fishing!!

Now i'm not the best sea fishermen,but by keeping at it i generally pick up a fish or two.But this is fecking ridiculous! Short of carrying a gun and waving it wildly around at anyone who looks at me i now have to fish places which although can be good,also can be absolute crap.People should try and persist instead of annoy keen fishermen,the fish are not all in front of me,I'm not that fecking lucky!

Anyone fish in Plymouth,be good to hear from you,but not them sad b***ards who can't fish.

alright mate,

i fish around the ilfracombe area.

the same thing happens here but on the same few marks.20 people crammed onto a rock.especially when the `c` word has been mentioned in the local rag.

luckily the further you get away from people the better the fishing is.the hills round here are a nightmare but its worth the effort. the muppets cant be bothered to walk far from there car so they all gather together.

places to avoid up here are,

fremington quay

capstan point

ilfracombe pier

watermouth cove

which is a shame cause they all hold good fish occasionally

[ 23. September 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: dillydangler ]

I totally sympathize Christian,

here in West Wales we're plagued by tourists on the local harbour wall during the summer...they appear completely unable to comprehend that the curvature of the wall may bring casts to close for comfort and therefore cast 'slightly outward'.

When they're all lined up we call it word gets around that it's 'Crochet' down at the harbour and we all head for the cliffs! :)

Once saw a guy land a dogfish which weighed less than the EIGHT leads and allsorted tackle he'd crossed and pulled in with it!!!

Like Dilly Dangler says..find a quiet spot more out of the way if you can...it maybe your only hope! :D

Titghtlines Art

welcome christian,

it happens, just do a few power casts, look mad & ask the grockles if they have public liability insurance and would you mind if i test my policy out with a few 5oz weights.

if that dont work, look at em when they set up, wag your finger at them & say in a pirate voice "heeeeee, urrrgh heeeheehehh aaarrrgggg heeeheeh"

works a treat for me & andy

later dude

Guest sslatter

Hey Christian.. I don't think it's the unique preserve of beachcasters.. this same thing has happened a lot to me as well, sometimes when I'm mulleting, sometimes when I'm coarse fishing. One local is notorious for it..

Then there are the "bass-bashers" who turn up right next to you, and ask if they can spin through your swim!!

Nihil carborundum mate.

Welcome to AN btw..

Simply cut there line at the terminal tackle and leave the tackle on the beach for them to claim back, they will soon get the message, (have a spare rod butt handy though) :D

Used to have the same problem when carp fishing but dropping the line over an electric fence made for some great laughs :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I know a very effective way of letting the folk get the message.... It seems harsh.....A technuiqe i was told to use when in matches and people next to you are fishing on your peg, Works a treat and best thing is you can slice off as many people you want in 1 throw... Braid.....

All you do is make sure your sinker/braid is cast over the person/ppl who are anoying you, Let it sink... Reel it back at great speed and it goes through the nylon like a knife through butter... ot that ive ever practised it...

Was at the home nations champs this year, and i seen lotsa people do it to people on the next peg who were deliberatly fishing on to the next peg but i just didnt have the heart as watching someone else catch fish doesent seem to bother me as uch as it did with some of these guys...Tho after a whole day of it i did try it once and i must say it works treat...1 lad got snagged this 1 time and lost a good deal of his braid... For the res of the day he kept getting his line snapped off by this lost braid as did the guy next to him...It realy does slice through nylon with ease.....

We get alot of it up here 2 the makky bashers tis strange tho sumthin tht aint realy ever bothered me much

Tight Lines

Shaun

using a gripper lead, with some trebles will help...especially with braid...cast to tangle, reel in...cut the rigs off and keep them.

when someone moans then just hand them back their rig...

luckily i usually dont fish alone, so when we're on a tight mark like chesil we find a little space and fan the lines out making sure we have enough space...anybody gets too close then i normally let them know im starting practicing pendulum with a 6oz...theres nothing like a 6oz lead to clear trolling boats out of the way

Cheers i've decided to move onto the the Tamar and some marks around there,as i went last night and one young bloke actually set up within three foot of me.So i heaved in me rods and let them fly after he cast,all over his lines.He got the message and moved,so it definatley works!

But it just takes the fun out of fishing,i'm not into all this hassle and neither is me mate who's just taking up fishing.

Who has fished for bass this summer? want to try my hand at this but spinning and floating hasn't produced for me,any idea's.