BASS FARMING

samuel-cox

samuel-cox:

I found Graham Xes post very interesting, I have had, mullut, flounder, whitting, pour cod, put, bass, horse mackeral, mackeral, gobbies, blennies, sand smelt, eels, small pollock & coalies all on bread

Arrrghh!!! Stumhhhh fellas stummhhhh!

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samuel-cox:

I have had, mullut, flounder, whitting, pour cod, put, bass, horse mackeral, mackeral, gobbies, blennies, sand smelt, eels, small pollock & coalies all on bread

jesus that is a helluva sandwich. :)

graham - you may not be jealous but i bloney am.

GB

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

samuel-cox:

I found Graham Xes post very interesting, I have had, mullut, flounder, whitting, pour cod, put, bass, horse mackeral, mackeral, gobbies, blennies, sand smelt, eels, small pollock & coalies all on bread

You forgot crabs Graham :(

Posted Image

(Try laying bread hookbait on the bottom and they snip the hook off! :( )

[ 29. December 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Graham - are you SURE this is samuel-cox?

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

anyone who has been over to ireland for the dingle pairs will know how much money gets pumped into the local economy through angling.

and i have never even bass fished in three years over there.

if there is good fishing for all people are prepared to spend a bit of money.

especially on drink.

maximo:

anyone who has been over to ireland for the dingle pairs will know how much money gets pumped into the local economy through angling.

and i have never even bass fished in three years over there.

if there is good fishing for all people are prepared to spend a bit of money.

especially on drink.

In Irleland they have recognised just how much recreational fishing for bass is worth to their leisure and tourism industry, and have passed legislation which forbids their commercial fishermen from taking bass and which imposes bag limits on bass anglers. (As always there are problems of enforcement).

It is the Welsh, who also highly value their leisure and tourism industry, who are most frustrated to see people passing through the beautiful country of North Wales, with some of the potentially best sea fishing areas in Europe, who are most frustrated to see so many of those people bypass the pituresque harbours, estuaries, rocky cliffs and wide beaches of North Wales, to catch the ferry to Ireland, just because the bass fishing is so much better there.

One of their most valuable natural resources wasted as commercial catch when it would have a vastly superior value if managed as a recreational resource.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member