North west charter boats

davidc

davidc:

Thinking of getting a few frends and going sea fishing for first time can anybody give me details of a good charter boat within reachable distance from the north west

Cheers

Davec

Hi Davec and welcome to Anglers net.

You did the right thing asking advice first, there have been some bad reports about skippers and boats from all over the UK.

I did read a very good article in the December 2001 edition of Sea Angler magazine, it was based on the 80ft Chieftain out of Whitby, although the article was about a 36 hour trip they do 10, 12 etc hour trips. It is a big boat so a steadier platform for beginers, they also have a crew and that is always a big help.

If you want the address details, email me.

Please let us know ALL about your trip when you get back, it may be a help to others in the NE. A couple of pics would be nice as well.

Have a good one, as beginers ask advice from the skipper/crew, that is part of what you are paying for. Easy on the booze the night before :D

Tight lines

Alan(nl)

[ 01. November 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

David.

What do you mean by the N.West? Is North Wales and Anglesey within reach or are you looking more to the Cumbria area? There`s a lot of miles between.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Hiya David, Welcome to A.N. I have a mate who fishes round about wigtonshire quiet regularly and has had some great trips. If you want I will get you the phone no. etc. Let me know what you decide.

Cheers

Norrie

:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi there guys, I am new to this forum,so hello to all, I have some answers to the post on charter boat going out on northwest. There a site:- www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/wirral_sea_fishing.htm which covers the mersey side of charter boats, on the main page,or you have to go to their forum for details. On this site:- www.nwsa.ukf.net/ it will cover the wales side of charter boats.Just scoll the left hand bar down until you see n, wales charter boats. Hope this helps. If you email me i can tell you what the bests skippers are, and the ones that are just cowboys.

[ 04. November 2002, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: georgieo ]

Thanks to all those that replied Im impressed by the response all replies will be digested

we come from manchester & liverpool area so anywhere within easy reach of there.

When is the best time some of them are a bit worried about fishing in winter myself included and we wonder what happens if the weather turns nasty can we cancel without penalties

regards

davec

davidc:

When is the best time some of them are a bit worried about fishing in winter myself included and we wonder what happens if the weather turns nasty can we cancel without penalties

regards

davec

Davec, winter is a bit of a hit and miss affair, when you find the boat that you think suits you, try and get some thing in writing on his policy with regards to cancelations. The skipper decides if you go or not and will phone you the evening before, after he has had the weather.

You will probably be asked for a deposit, if the trip is cancelled the deposit is either carried over until the next available date or returned. If you cancel because of back outs, you could and probably would lose your deposit.

What you want is to find a skipper that is "your" skipper. What I mean is a guy that will help you and become a friend as well as your skipper.

Take plenty of warm clothes, you can always take em off but if you aint got em you can't put em on!

You need to stay dry, once you are wet in the winter it gets to be a long cold day. So protective clothing, water proof, not just shower proof.

Make room in your freezer for all those ubly jubly COD.

You have post.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

David.

I agree with Alan. As its winter you MUST keep yourselves both warm and dry. Check if the skipper provides hot drinks (most do).

Don`t get caught in the seasonal trap. I.E. summer is all flat seas and sunshine. Winter is all wind, snow and driving rain with huge waves!!

A lot of winter fishing takes place on calm seas with hardly a breath of wind. It` just not Tshirt weather. If the skipper says it`s OK to fish, then generaly he`s right. I see that georgieo has has offered to tell you of decent skippers? Take his advice.

But be warned, if you make a booking and send a deposit. Most skippers will make you honour the booking or lose the deposit! Until they become one of your mates, that`s the way it has to be. Most of the skippers that I now fish with, won`t even take a deposit from me unless I insist. That`s life?

I take it from your general tone, that you`re not a bunch of seasoned boat anglers? Don`t worry. Once you`ve upchucked a few times and drunk a cup of the skippers brew, you`ll soon forget about everything except the rod-tip.

Just be warned. Deep sea fishing can be addictive!!

:rolleyes:Paul. :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!