Norfolk or Suffolk

John E Ashford

Next weekend a couple of us propose to fish either Weybourne, Norfolk or Pakefield, Suffolk.

Can anyone tell me how these areas are doing at the moment.

If your in the area why not come and join us.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be able to give you more detail on Wed but reports have been scarce due to the weather. I believe you fish the area quite a bit but in general the cod were Suffolk way, with Lowestoft North being the most consistent, though now, being later in the year and given the weather the Norfolk beaches should be picking up. Weybourne has been by far the most consistent for whiting with many 1lb+ fish and this seems to be the first place where the dabs are now showing up in any numbers though they are reported small. Bass to 3lb+ have also shown up along the northern coasts this month. With regards next weekend,I'll see. THey are small tides and the cod have been responding to the bigger tides. I'm off Monday, Trimmingham or Walcott. Slashley, I believe, is up there this weekend so perhaps he will let us know what's about.

Thanks for that Norfolk Boy I'm looking forward to your reports.

Yes small tide next Saturday and at the moment it looks like Weybourne, weather permitting.

Have those wooden sea defences along Trimmington etc done any good.

The last time I fished that area was down by the R.N.L.I. station at Mundesley.

Great Cod n Chips at the Ship Inn. :P

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

My choice would probably be Weybourne for next weekend. Don't know what the long term forecast is, must catch countryfile tomorrow. I tend not to fish up that way too much for some reason but that has been where the best general fishing has been - match weights have often seen 7 or 8lb.

Normally I would go to Salthouse because of the free® parking but most seem to fish Weybourne; I suspect it's got the edge. If it's decent settled weather I will probably have a bash for some dabs along with hoping for a cod. In fact, I'll probably fish 3 rods (can be hard work though). There have been some cod there but it should now be producing more regularly.

Sea defences? Well it's 'managed retreat' now. I know they lost 6m off the cliff at Happisburgh in one night but that is where the defences have been breached. They lost the lifeboat ramp some time last year or even the year before. Mundesley now covers.

How many are coming down?

Hiya -- Just got back from Norfolk -- just had a short session at Bacton after all. Was a bit breezy and bloomin cold, so did not hang about for too long. Just had a couple of undersize bits ( whiting,dab ). Not very impressive. Better luck next time........p.s. used frozen gutted lug, frozen peeler and baby squids.......

Ok John--no probs. Like you say, better to have had something I guess. Certainly had plenty of blanks . Good luck wherever you end up going. Like Norfolk Boy said the winds are changing. Perhaps the fishing could change for the better??? -- Slashley.................