Tight Fit

five bellies

Well Lads & Lasses,

I cant be the only fuller figured angeler in the world,so why is it so hard for out size people to get saftey gear.Im not talking Designer clothing here, this stuff saves your life yet big poeple have to make do with stuff that nearly fits or might keep you afloat if you lose three stone. Lose wieght I here a collective shout go up! Well in the dark and distant pass when I was fit (Competertive martial arts)I was 17.5 stone and 6'7'' tall QED Still nothing fitted.If I am lucky enough to squeeze into a floatation suit Its like being given the wedgie from Hell,a two piece will not meet in the middle thus hypothermia in four minutes,A life jacket of the highist rating 150 newtons?,is rated for a 16 stone man that leaves me floating 20 feet under the oggin at 23 stone because of nuetral bouyancey.So short of spending £700 on a custom dry suit and going to sea with a dump truck inner tube around my waist Ive had it should the worse happen.I dare say there is kit out there but its hard to find and although you cant put a price on saftey bloody dear. :(

Tite lines

Five Bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Life Jacket - I'd estimate a 4X/7X one should be about right for you. The numbers on the page are chest measurements so this one will adjust from 58-68 inches.

And

http://www.kayakplace.com/bigguy/bigwet.htm

is worth a look.

Unfortunate that most of the available drysuits are from UK sources since they never do seem to allow for us XXXXLarge folks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

thanks a lot mate.

Have been looking for ages. :):):)

Tight Lines

Five Bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Well, I'm not big boned, I'm just fat. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Five Bellies - we must have been seperated at birth!!

I am 6'8" and the same weight.

Looks like Newt has sorted you out, and I am unable to help you further. But nice to know someone has the same problems as me.

I had some Gortex waterproofs made in the states and shipped over (forresters I think) and Barbour which I also have custom make jackets for a premium over list price. Both of these cost more than off the shelf - but they fit and will last a long time.

Jeff

Big Jeff, not working again

Its like the Land of the Giants in here.I feel like a midget at 6'4" and a tad under 26stone with a 62" chest measurement. Have to get my work overalls custom made. Trying to find waterproofs in 5/6xl is a total disaster. In all fairness my local fishing tackle guy phoned around all the major dealers trying to get me a floatation suit with these dimensions and he ordered in a 3xl (SAS Sundridge) only to find when trying it on i found there was a 12" gap across the chest where the zip should meet. If there are any large or odd shaped guys like me out there who need chest/thigh waders i came across a website that makes them to order, if anyone is interested i'll post the addy on request.

Hi Guys,

I'm 6'5" and 19 1/5 stone. just got a Fladen 2 piece floatation suit, it was the better one (not the cheeper one that is in all the magazines) and it fits great (I look like a demented tele-tubby in it).

Thanks for the link to life jackets, thats my next thing I want.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

hey five bellies

i'm 6'8" but a mere slip at 15 1/2 stone but have three chins

will put a word or two in Mr Burrett's ear on behalf of us outsize folk

my double xxl suit is a bit on the roomy side on top and a tad short on the leg as my inside leg is over 3 foot can't win :(

does this mean i only need a 150 newton life jacket then? :)

[ 25. May 2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: tack4 ]

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics