Braid or Mono

nick allen

There's been a few very informative threads on this recently (resulting in me speding a lot of money on braid :( ) There is no problem using braid on a multiplier as long as you wind on under tension to avoid digging in when winding under tension later (it won't pop the spool as it does not stretch), but make sure there's not a scrap of sharp edges or splits on reel, rod or rings, otherwise it will snap like cotton. I had a rogue ring (twice) which cost me two good fish and a lot of line before I discovered it. Newt had a great tip, use a dry cotton bud to run round the rings and reel guides, any crack will be found as it will snag the cotton fibres

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Newt had a great tip, use a dry cotton bud to run round the rings and reel guides, any crack will be found as it will snag the cotton fibres

Salar, you have a great future as a translator. I'm sure when I posted that tip that at least half the readers had no clue what I meant because of the terms I used. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Salar, you have a great future as a translator.  I'm sure when I posted that tip that at least half the readers had no clue what I meant because of the terms I used.   :D     :D  

My translating skills were developed by working with a US company to bring their software product to the UK (remember Great Plains?), working for a 280 pound Texan project manager in the UK, and having a sister-in-law in Pittsburg. Two nations divided by a common laguage, according to W. Churchill.... :D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk