BBC News

Elton

Just a little experiment....

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/BBC-News-f47.html

As I use the BBC for most of my news, I decided to pipe it into its own forum here. Hopefully, some of you will use it to discuss some of the subjects.

I'll trial it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's a pain in the backside! The new threads page is full of stuff I either already know about or am not interested in.

Ditch it :)

I have to agree with jeepster it is a pain at the moment seeing hundreds of posts that are largely of no interest due to the fact that they have already been digested via another source or are of subjects that do not appeal.

I guess that as this is BBC specific that there is a reason behind the action and therefore maybe involves income if so then i can understand that and as time goes by the rate of topics posted should drop to a normal level which would be manageable.

The thing is about this is that i always go to my news website before coming to AN and the duplication of reading material at the moment is causing a nuisance, also there is every opportunity that this posters reply will be missed in all the volume at the moment and therefor not taken into account by the people that matter.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

The thing is about this is that i always go to my news website before coming to AN and the duplication of reading material at the moment is causing a nuisance, also there is every opportunity that this posters reply will be missed in all the volume at the moment and therefor not taken into account by the people that matter.

I'm a bit confused. Why would your reply get missed, when it's in a totally separate forum?

I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. The word 'change' always causes problems here :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I'm a bit confused. Why would your reply get missed, when it's in a totally separate forum?

I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. The word 'change' always causes problems here :D

My reply may get missed as there are hundreds of topic to wade through and i always click to veiw new posts as i am sure a lot of other members may do.

I think in the last 48 hours nearly 200 new topics have been posted with a very small amount being connected to past threads.

The other thing is i do very much enjoy change when it is for the better.

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

Im a bit bemused here guys, isnt this trial in a separate area, if so how can it impact on for arguements sake Sea angling,

and drop the amount of subjects being posted? :huh:

Ive noticed a slight dip in posts but its related to the politics section being formed so there is somwhere safe to chuck your teddy whilst the grown ups talk about actualy fishing ;):whistling:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I think what it is is that quite a few people come to the forum and click the new posts link, which throws up all these feed posts. I'll see if I can amend it, but it may be a week or so, as I'm hoping to get away tomorrow.

I think what it is is that quite a few people come to the forum and click the new posts link, which throws up all these feed posts. I'll see if I can amend it, but it may be a week or so, as I'm hoping to get away tomorrow.

Good fishing Elton :thumbs: