To Much Bait

Scotty T

Morning All,

Am I the only one or does anyone else always buy to much bait for a session. I fish 2 rods normally a long range bomber on one and a 4/0 pennel on the other, but always end up with load of bait left over. I think I need my own bait fidge, the breadknife goes balistic when she stumbles over some squid , mackeral or sandeels in our freezer :D . What do other people use as a guide when working out how much bait to take with them???

Cheers

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

I'm afraid I still havent figured that one out, I feel its better to have too much than not enough. As for the bait fridge thats excatly what I did after 2 almighty rollockings from the missis, the first followed me accidently leaving the freezer door open, she returned home to defrosted sqid and worm which the cat had duly attacked, the stink took days to get rid off. The second time after preparing some fresh crab I put it in the freezer along with a bag of ice cubes, well the crab juices ran into the ice and she got a fishy flavoured cocktail later that week. As you could imagine I was not popular!!

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Way back in those summer days, we were given a contact number for the best worm bait in Norfolk.

Ordering well in advance, to be sure,to be sure, When the day arrived we were on the beach with the best worm bait ever.

Dozens of anglers lined the beach and straight away they were all pulling in Mackerel by the score. We carried on Bait fishing, witn no results.

As the day went by fishermen of all ages and sizes came up to us, offering their unused bait. As you do when finished fishing.

To cut along story short, we ended up with more Squid, Morrisons Mackerel and worms of all varieties, at our feet and we still didn't catch owt with bait.

Feathers and Flashers were the order for that day.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

You need to get a bait fridge/freezer i was the same come home with left over bait put it in the freezer then i would hear the good women say something when she went into the freezer.Then when you come home you put you'r left over bait in you'r fridge/freezer so you have got some bait on short notice :)

too true too true!

If i know i'm not going to out again and had previously retuned some of the part used bait to freezer last time i give it back to neptune if no other anglers about

Arthur: The leaving the freezer door open doesn't earn too many brownie points especially if like me you've left it ajar overnight and defrosted the whole bloody frezzer in the process

Need to run power to my shed for small fridge feezer for my bait if i'm ever aloud out again after restocking indoor frezer

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

My solution - move out of flat, keeping separate fridge & freezer as new occupant had their own. Result - 1 full height fridgefreezer in the kitchen for food which came with the house, and the old fridge & freezer separates in the garage for bait. 1 year later, replace kitchen including fridgefreezer. Result - 1 full height fridgefreezer, 1 fridge & 1 freezer in the garage for bait & beer :cool: :cool:

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Nice one Toerag, I like your style, sounds like a well planned and executed operation. Unfortunatly my kitchens only a year old :rolleyes: Will have to get the old Freeads and find myself one. Thing is then, what gets priority, bait or beer :confused: :confused: :confused:

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest jay_con

One cast = 20 mins. 1 crab per cast = 3 per hour.

Take a wide necked food flask for any extra bait, it will keep your bait frozen for 24 hours so you just pop it back in the freezer when you get home if you havent used it.

A Fridge freezer is a must m8, you can keep you r worms etc alive for weeks in trays of water in the fridge, live mussels keep well too.

If you get a large enough one you can keep both bait and beer.