Heated vests

fruitloopy

Jeeze are we Fishermen or fishermouse!

Fishermouse, here.

It'll be fascinating watching you freeze in your shorts on Sunday, and when you start blubbing and begging for my lovely warm heated waistcoat I'll remind you what a fishermouse I am. :D

Windchill? What windchill?

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cold:

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

I can't put enough clothing on when I go fishing. I hope I never fall in dressed the way I do. With all that extra water, I'd weigh about...um...a good 6 or 7 stone I reckon...lol

Just kidding, I'm at least a half stone heavier than my rod holdall.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I will lead the way on Sunday by wearing my shorts regardless of the weather! as a real man does! :P

Aw c'mon mate, I know you want the slow carrier to yourself but fair's fair! :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 3 weeks later...
No need for all this. A good combination of quality outdoor kit is all you need. Are we all going soft or summit lol

you have a point, ive just got thermal trousers and jumper, they are tight fitting like lycra and i had them on while working on the car at 2 degrees and was rather cumfy, they also snug your nut sack for added comfort and pleasure

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Sorry I didnt update this thread with the heated vests perfomance. The truth is that, apart from testing it (which was lovely and warm) I have not really needed to switch it on yet.

I have been mostly fishing the rivers these last few weeks and because I am wearing two fleeces (the heated vest above the thermal top and a full zip up fleece on top) plus waterproof overtrousers I am lovely and toasty!

I went to the river today and its too fast and flooded so I'll go to the stillwaters tomorrow or Sunday. I'm sure sitting down all day will get me cold enough to want to switch it on.

As mentioned though I switched it on to test and it heated up within 3 minutes and put some nice heat all around my chest.

Very cosy!

For any who do get cold when winter fishing, I suggest you have a look at www.cabelas.com for cold weather gear.

Many of their customers will spend their winter fishing time sitting next to a hole cut in 3 foot thick ice and will not see temps getting nearly has high as 0ºC.

The specialize in gear for those conditions. In fact, they sponsor and help outfit competitors in the annual Iditarod race (1000 miles via dog sled in Alaska) so their gear not only keeps you warm but holds up well under tough conditions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President